Brown Deer — Rogers Memorial Hospital has finished the first phase of a three-phase expansion in Brown Deer with the opening of a new outpatient center on Monday, Aug. 18.
Rogers, which has been providing child and adolescent mental health services in the village for 10 years, renovated the 13,348-square-foot facility at 4555 W. Schroeder Drive to provide specialized services for children, teens and adults. Located on a 3-acre lot, the facility includes five treatment-based group rooms, seven consult rooms, a movement therapy and art therapy room, a dining area and a child and adolescent day treatment play therapy and sensory room.
Patrick Hammer, president and chief executive officer of Rogers Behavioral Health System, said the organization is adding programs and services to respond to the demand for mental health and addiction services.
"We already have established programming in Brown Deer, and we wanted to show we are committed to serving the Village and surrounding communities," he said.
Once the outpatient center is fully developed, Rogers will turn its focus toward opening a new hospital in Brown Deer, Hammer said. The new hospital is located directly across the street from the new outpatient center and will offer 56 inpatient beds for children, teens and adults. Scheduled to open in 2015, the Brown Deer hospital will become Rogers' third acute care hospital campus in southeastern Wisconsin.
Jessica Pitre, clinical services manager at the hospital, said the child and adolescent day treatment program has generated nearly 2,200 admissions since it launched in July 2004. She said she hopes the new programs will serve even more people.
"In addition to (child and adolescent day treatment programs), we're adding partial hospitalization and intensive outpatient programs for adolescents with internalizing disorders, children and adolescents with obsessive-compulsive disorder, and adults with anxiety and depression or addiction."
Coming later this fall, at the same location, will be an adult partial hospitalization program for dual diagnosis, a program treating individuals with both mental health and substance abuse, along with two dual diagnosis programs for adolescents. Medication-assisted treatment, or the use of medication to assist in addiction recovery, will be included in the adult partial program.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Video: DOT proposes 'Michigan left' intersection at Brown Deer, Green Bay roads
- Suspect in fiery Brown Deer crash arrested in Cincinnati
- Brown Deer partners with Marquette marketing class
- Shots fired during domestic violence incident in Brown Deer
- North Shore cops, firefighters take kids on Christmas shopping spree
- Brown Deer school finance director follows her faith to Messmer Catholic Schools
- Driver killed in Brown Deer crash was rushing granddaughter to hospital
- Shootout between two vehicles ends in crash (1)
- Brown Deer mom asks friends to bring food pantry donations to Thanksgiving dinner
- Brown Deer car crash kills driver, injures passenger