Brown Deer — A mother has been arrested for allegedly stabbing her two sons just after midnight early in the morning of Friday, July 25.
A 16-year-old boy and a 18-year-old man called 911 at 12:02 a.m. reporting their mother had stabbed them at their house in the 8000 block of North 67th Street, Brown Deer Police Lt. Lisa Kumbier said. The victims said their mother fled the scene on foot after stabbing them. The argument started over some missing money, Kumbier said.
The 18-year-old had a wound to his leg, and the 16-year-old had cuts to his face and head area. Both were transported to hospitals with non-life-threatening injuries. Kumbier said the 16-year-old was released from the hospital on Friday.
The mother, who is in her early 40s, was later located in Milwaukee and was taken into custody. Kumbier said she was visiting from another state. The two victims live in the house with another family member, Kumbier said.
The mother has been transported to the Milwaukee County Jail waiting for a review of charges. Brown Deer police are recommending the Milwaukee County District Attorney's Office charge her with domestic violence, physical abuse of a child and two counts of reckless injury while armed. The recommended charges will be sent to the Milwaukee County District Attorney's Office on Saturday.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- North Shore Police Reports: April 23, 2015
- Rogers Memorial unveils Brown Deer facility
- North Shore Police Reports: April 16, 2015
- One killed, firefighter injured in Germantown townhouse fire April 11
- North Shore Police Reports: April 9, 2015
- Three Brown Deer School Board members return for a second term
- North Shore Police Reports: April 2, 2015
- Brown Deer considering new civic buildings
- Burglary suspects flee police in Brown Deer, crash car in Whitefish Bay (4)
- North Shore Police Reports: March 26, 2015