Brown Deer — A mother has been arrested for allegedly stabbing her two sons just after midnight early in the morning of Friday, July 25.
A 16-year-old boy and a 18-year-old man called 911 at 12:02 a.m. reporting their mother had stabbed them at their house in the 8000 block of North 67th Street, Brown Deer Police Lt. Lisa Kumbier said. The victims said their mother fled the scene on foot after stabbing them. The argument started over some missing money, Kumbier said.
The 18-year-old had a wound to his leg, and the 16-year-old had cuts to his face and head area. Both were transported to hospitals with non-life-threatening injuries. Kumbier said the 16-year-old was released from the hospital on Friday.
The mother, who is in her early 40s, was later located in Milwaukee and was taken into custody. Kumbier said she was visiting from another state. The two victims live in the house with another family member, Kumbier said.
The mother has been transported to the Milwaukee County Jail waiting for a review of charges. Brown Deer police are recommending the Milwaukee County District Attorney's Office charge her with domestic violence, physical abuse of a child and two counts of reckless injury while armed. The recommended charges will be sent to the Milwaukee County District Attorney's Office on Saturday.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- North Shore Police Reports: September 25, 2014
- North Shore Police Reports: September 18, 2014
- Brown Deer trustees approve Lighthouse project
- North Shore Police Reports: September 11, 2014
- Four-story assisted living center moves forward in Brown Deer
- North Shore Police Reports: September 4, 2014
- North Shore Police Reports: August 28, 2014
- With state funding tied to enrollment, North Shore public schools turn to marketing
- Senior living center gets critical reception
- Bus driver dies after medical episode