Brown Deer — The Department of Transportation has rescheduled its public informational meeting about the reconstruction of Green Bay Road.
The meeting will now be held on Wednesday, July 30, from 4 to 6 p.m. at the Lois and Tom Dolan Community Center at 4355 W. Bradley Road.
The state Department of Transportation plans to reconstruct Highway 57 — known locally as Green Bay Road — from Teutonia Avenue in Brown Deer to Mequon Road in Mequon. Construction isn't scheduled to begin until 2019, but DOT officials are drafting design plans and acquiring the necessary real estate this year.
Plans call for the reconstruction of the existing diamond interchange at Brown Deer Road and Green Bay Road, also including bicycle lanes, wider paved shoulders, sidewalks, and signal upgrades. Brown Deer Road under the overpass will also be expanded to six total lanes to match the rest of the road east and west of the overpass.
Since the plans were initially presented in January 2013, the Brown Deer Village Board has since passed a formal resolution expressing its opposition to an interchange at Green Bay Road and Brown Deer Road rebuilt with a bridge, overpass and onramps. Trustees prefer an at-grade intersection, which means Brown Deer Road and Green Bay Road would intersect with each other.
DOT officials will present plan designs for each of the proposed interchanges with the hope of gathering public input.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Badger Meter River Park opens in Brown Deer
- Woman charged with shoplifting, causing fiery car crash
- Brown Deer officials hope relocation of DPW building would alleviate TIF deficit (1)
- Brown Deer alum returns home to shoot first feature-length film (1)
- West Nile virus reported in North Shore
- Repair or replace? Brown Deer weighs options for DPW building (2)
- Milwaukee man charged in connection with attempted armed robbery at Brown Deer Walmart
- Armed robbery avoided with a push at Brown Deer Walmart
- Brown Deer closes on sale of former American TV and Appliance building
- Woman robbed at gunpoint at Brown Deer bank