Brown Deer — The Department of Transportation has rescheduled its public informational meeting about the reconstruction of Green Bay Road.
The meeting will now be held on Wednesday, July 30, from 4 to 6 p.m. at the Lois and Tom Dolan Community Center at 4355 W. Bradley Road.
The state Department of Transportation plans to reconstruct Highway 57 — known locally as Green Bay Road — from Teutonia Avenue in Brown Deer to Mequon Road in Mequon. Construction isn't scheduled to begin until 2019, but DOT officials are drafting design plans and acquiring the necessary real estate this year.
Plans call for the reconstruction of the existing diamond interchange at Brown Deer Road and Green Bay Road, also including bicycle lanes, wider paved shoulders, sidewalks, and signal upgrades. Brown Deer Road under the overpass will also be expanded to six total lanes to match the rest of the road east and west of the overpass.
Since the plans were initially presented in January 2013, the Brown Deer Village Board has since passed a formal resolution expressing its opposition to an interchange at Green Bay Road and Brown Deer Road rebuilt with a bridge, overpass and onramps. Trustees prefer an at-grade intersection, which means Brown Deer Road and Green Bay Road would intersect with each other.
DOT officials will present plan designs for each of the proposed interchanges with the hope of gathering public input.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Wrong-way driver dies in hospital after three-car accident
- Update: 20-year-old woman released from hospital after car crash that killed 2 other women
- Video: DOT proposes 'Michigan left' intersection at Brown Deer, Green Bay roads
- Suspect in fiery Brown Deer crash arrested in Cincinnati
- Brown Deer partners with Marquette marketing class
- Shots fired during domestic violence incident in Brown Deer
- North Shore cops, firefighters take kids on Christmas shopping spree
- Brown Deer school finance director follows her faith to Messmer Catholic Schools
- Driver killed in Brown Deer crash was rushing granddaughter to hospital
- Shootout between two vehicles ends in crash (1)