Reports not available.
1A notary stamp taken from an office in the 4300 block of West Brown Deer Road the morning of Monday, June 9 was found in the street in the 10000 block of North Cedarburg Road, Mequon, about 9 a.m., Tuesday, June 10.
2A front picture window was shattered when hit by shots from a BB gun causing $1,500 damage in the 8100 block of North 51st Street about 9:50 p.m. on Tuesday, June 10. The residents heard glass breaking at that time.
3Three cars were entered at the Holiday Inn, 4441 West Schroder Drive, and six at the Courtyard by Marriot, 5200 W. Brown Deer Road overnight June 10 or 11. At the Holiday Inn, various tools valued at more than $8,000 were taken from one car, clothing and other items valued at $1,000 from another and nothing from the third. No items were reported taken from the cars parked at the Marriott. Damage to each car was about $250.
4A wallet with more than $500 cash was taken from a locker in the men's locker room at the YMCA, 9250 N. Green Bay Road, between 4 and 5:45 p.m. Thursday, June 12.
5A car window was broken, the passenger side scratched and a side mirror taken, causing more than $3,000 damage in the 4400 block of West Brown Deer Road June 12 or 13.
6A wallet and contents, including credit cards, was reported taken while the owner shopped at Kohl's,9060 N. Green Bay Road, on Friday, June 13.
7Two tires were reported punctured in the 4400 block of West Calumet Road on Sunday, June 15. The owner had noticed one flat tire June 13 but didn't call police until she saw that both back tires were flat. Damage was $500.
8A man, age and residence not released, was arrested for trespassing, bail jumping, a warrant and theft at Kohl's, 9060 N. Green Bay Road, at 10 a.m., on Sunday, June 15. The man had been previously arrested for theft and was banned from the store. What he took was not listed.
9A man, age and residence not released, was cited for selling without a permit, driving with a revoked license, failure to wear a seatbelt, failure to secure a passenger and a parole violation after he was seen driving an ice cream truck without a permit in the 8200 block of North Port Washington Road at 1:15 p.m. on Saturday, June 21. A juvenile was in the truck sitting on what was described as an unsecured folding chair.
10A 45-year-old Milwaukee woman was arrested for theft of a wallet and contents, including credit cards, taken from an employee's desk at Medpoint Clinic, 2501 W. Silver Spring Drive, at 2:30 p.m. on Thursday, June 12. The woman, a patient at the clinic, used some stolen credit cards at stores in Glendale and Milwaukee and was identified through surveillance video at the clinic and stores.
11Two 17-year-old boys, of Glendale and River Hills, were arrested for possession of marijuana and drug paraphernalia after the Glendale boy made an illegal u-turn in the 5500 block of North Port Washington Road at 8:30 p.m. on Thursday, June 12. As police approached the car, they saw the boys moving about and reaching under the front seat. There was a strong odor of burnt marijuana in the car and 1.8 grams was found in the car, some under the front seat and some in a backpack. Also found were pipes, a grinder and screens.
12A 21-year-old Milwaukee man was arrested for disorderly conduct after knocking the hat off an employee at McDonald's, 5344 N. Port Washington Road, at 9:15 p.m. on Thursday, June 12. The employee said all he did was ask the suspect what he wanted to order and the suspect said, "What the (expletive) did you say to me," and swung at him, knocking the hat off.
13A 26-year-old Milwaukee woman was arrested for theft of a vacuum cleaner valued at $220 at Kohl's, 5650 N. Bayshore Drive, at 12:20 p.m. on Saturday, June 14. The woman was seen putting the vacuum cleaner in a cart and then going to customer service and asking for a refund. When arrested, she admitted the theft.
14A 13-year-old Milwaukee boy was cited for disorderly conduct after he was seen throwing rocks at windows in the 1000 block of West Silver Spring Drive both at 3 p.m. and 5 p.m. on Saturday, June 14. At 3 p.m., the boy threw a rock but then left. He returned two hours later, threw another rock and this time was caught. He admitted what he did was wrong and said he was sorry.
15A 41-year-old Milwaukee man was arrested for theft from Kohl's, 5650 N. Bayshore Drive, at 9:45 a.m. on Sunday, June 15. The man, an employee of a cleaning service, was caught on surveillance video putting speakers, a camera and head phones valued at $694 into a closet about 6:30 a.m. and then removing them and attempting to leave the store about an hour later. When caught, he admitted the theft, saying he'd been stealing from Kohl's two or three times a week for the past two years. He said he stole to pay medical bills for his daughter.
16A purse and contents valued at more than $200 was taken from the trunk of an unlocked car in the 6900 block of North Port Washington Road about 7:30 p.m. on Sunday, June 15.
17A Dodge Intrepid was taken from the 6100 block of North Green Bay Road June 14 or 15. The theft was discovered after Milwaukee Police found the car abandoned near the 5400 block of N. 37th Street, Milwaukee, at 11 p.m. on Sunday, June 15. The steering column/cylinder lock were damaged.
18A 14-year-old Milwaukee boy was arrested for robbery and a 15-year-old Milwaukee boy for carrying a concealed weapon after the younger boy took a cell phone from a woman in the 5500 block of North Port Washington Road at 4:35 p.m. on Monday, June 16. The woman and some friends were standing outside on a work break when the boys rode by on bicycles and, after a short conversation, he grabbed the woman's phone and they rode away. The boys were located a few blocks away. The 15-year-old had a loaded .22 caliber semi-automatic handgun in his pocket.
19A 2003 Dodge Caravan valued at $6,000 was taken from the 5600 block of North Stanton Drive between midnight and 7:40 a.m. on Tuesday, June 17. It was locked and parked on the street.
No reportable incidents this week.
· A resident reported being the victim of a scam after sending $2,700 via money gram to purchase a car advertised on Craigslist from someone in Tuscaloosa, Ala., on Friday, June 13. The resident realized it was a scam after the seller said he would ship the car but first she needed to send another $1,800. When she tried to contact the seller, the email address no longer existed and the phone number was non-existent.
20A Trek 2100 bicycle valued at $500 was reported taken from an underground garage in the 800 block of East Glendale Avenue at 7 p.m. on Saturday, June 14. When the theft happened was not available.
21A lawn mower and snow blower valued at $1,250 were taken from a detached garage in the 3900 block of North Harcourt Place between 7 p.m. June 17 and 1 p.m. June 18.
22A Toro Snowblower was taken from a garage and found half way down a driveway in the 2600 block of East Newton Avenue at 10 a.m. on Wednesday, June 18. The garage was locked.
· A resident reported her email account had been "hacked" after friends notified her that they had received her e-mails saying she was "trapped in Istanbul, Turkey," on Thursday, June 19. The friends were asked to send money. No money was sent.
23A resident reported that a woman approached him asking for money to help pay for her daughter's prescription medication in the 4000 block of North Newhall Street at 6:50 p.m. on Thursday, June 19. The resident said he would drive her to Walgreen's but not give her money. She then said she'd be back in 30 minutes. The woman, who never returned, was described as black, about 35, 5-foot-9 and 170 pounds. Similar scams had been reported previously in Shorewood.
24The 2002 Chrysler Sebring taken from the 100 block of West Silver Spring Drive June 14 or 15 was recovered in the 3300 block of North 57th Street, Milwaukee, at 11 p.m. on Monday, June 16. There was extensive damage to windows and windshield.
· A resident received a telephone call saying because she missed jury duty there would be a warrant issued for her arrest unless she paid a fine on Tuesday, June 17. No money was sent.
· A resident reported an attempted scam after receiving a call from her "grandson" who was in jail and needed $4,000 on Tuesday, June 17. The woman purchased debit cards but then called her grandson and found out he was fine. No money was sent.
25A male, age and residence not released, was arrested for theft of three steel pipes valued at $750 from a construction site at East Hampton Road and North Sheffield Avenue at 5 p.m. on Tuesday, June 17. A worker stopped the man as he tried to flee.
26A male, age and residence not released, was arrested for disorderly conduct after his girlfriend reported he was drunk and making threats in the 200 block of East Henry Clay Street at 9:40 p.m. on Wednesday, June 18. He was removed from the residence.
27Five Coach Wristlet purses, valued at $160, were taken from an apartment lobby in the 700 block of East Henry Clay Street about 3 p.m. on Wednesday, June 18. The theft was reported after the empty box delivered by UPS was found in the building's dumpster on Thursday, June 19.
28A black Mercedes was "keyed," causing $1,000 damage in the 4800 block of North Bartlett Avenue sometime June 17 to 20.
· A resident reported that her daughter advertised a dresser for sale for $50 on Craigslist and received a check for $1,800 on Thursday, June 19. According to a police report, her financial institution said the check "was real." There was no information if any money was lost.
29The theft of construction equipment, including docking stations, TV monitors and tools was reported from four trailers belonging to VJS Construction Services, value not yet available, and one trailer belonging to Lemberg Electric, valued at more than $3,000, at North Santa Monica Boulevard and East Beaumont Avenue June 20 or 21.
NORTH SHORE FIRE DEPARTMENT
Firefighters responded to 145 calls, 107 emergency medical and 38 fire/rescue, June 9 to 15 and 122 calls, 78 emergency medical and 44 fire/rescue, June 16 to 22.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- North Shore Police Reports: Nov. 20, 2014
- North Shore Police Reports: Nov. 13, 2014
- North Shore Police Reports: Nov. 6, 2014
- North Shore Police Reports: October 30, 2014
- North Shore Police Reports: October 23, 2014
- North Shore Police Reports: October 16, 2014
- North Shore Police Reports: October 9, 2014
- North Shore Police Reports: October 2, 2012
- North Shore Police Reports: September 25, 2014
- North Shore Police Reports: September 18, 2014
- North Shore Police Reports: September 11, 2014
- North Shore Police Reports: September 4, 2014
- North Shore Police Reports: August 28, 2014
- North Shore Police Reports: August 21, 2014
- North Shore Police Reports: August 14, 2014
- North Shore Police Reports: August 7, 2014
- North Shore Police Reports: July 31, 2014
- North Shore Police Reports: July 10, 2014
- North Shore Police Report: July 3, 2014
- North Shore Police Report: June 19