Brown Deer — A "questionable Facebook post" prompted Brown Deer High School to go into lockdown mode for less than an hour Thursday afternoon.
The Facebook post caused Brown Deer police and school officials to go into lockdown for about 30 minutes to 45 minutes , said Christie Odenwald in the district superintendent's office. Brown Deer police determined the concerns were unfounded, and canceled the lockdown shortly thereafter. Odenwald did not comment on the nature of the Facebook post.
Brown Deer police are investigating the matter, but are not releasing any more details about the lockdown at this point in time.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- North Shore Police Reports: May 21, 2015
- North Shore Police Reports: May 14, 2015
- Brown Deer School Board weighing sale of former Algonquin School property
- North Shore Police Reports: May 7, 2015
- North Shore Health Department announces community programs for May, June
- Aldi may come to Brown Deer
- North Shore Police Reports: April 30, 2015
- North Shore Police Reports: April 23, 2015
- Rogers Memorial unveils Brown Deer facility
- North Shore Police Reports: April 16, 2015