Brown Deer — A "questionable Facebook post" prompted Brown Deer High School to go into lockdown mode for less than an hour Thursday afternoon.
The Facebook post caused Brown Deer police and school officials to go into lockdown for about 30 minutes to 45 minutes , said Christie Odenwald in the district superintendent's office. Brown Deer police determined the concerns were unfounded, and canceled the lockdown shortly thereafter. Odenwald did not comment on the nature of the Facebook post.
Brown Deer police are investigating the matter, but are not releasing any more details about the lockdown at this point in time.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Brown Deer closes on sale of former American TV and Appliance building
- Woman robbed at gunpoint at Brown Deer bank
- Brown Deer municipal buildings need improvements
- Brown Deer rolls out the rain barrels with public art event (1)
- North Shore Police Reports: June 25, 2015
- Zi's Sports Pub takes over former Prime Time Pub
- North Shore Police Reports: June 18, 2015
- North Shore Police Reports: June 11, 2015
- Brown Deer School Board allows Algonquin School property to be marketed for sale
- Summer concert series warming up in Brown Deer