Brown Deer — A "questionable Facebook post" prompted Brown Deer High School to go into lockdown mode for less than an hour Thursday afternoon.
The Facebook post caused Brown Deer police and school officials to go into lockdown for about 30 minutes to 45 minutes , said Christie Odenwald in the district superintendent's office. Brown Deer police determined the concerns were unfounded, and canceled the lockdown shortly thereafter. Odenwald did not comment on the nature of the Facebook post.
Brown Deer police are investigating the matter, but are not releasing any more details about the lockdown at this point in time.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Video: DOT proposes 'Michigan left' intersection at Brown Deer, Green Bay roads
- Suspect in fiery Brown Deer crash arrested in Cincinnati
- Brown Deer partners with Marquette marketing class
- Shots fired during domestic violence incident in Brown Deer
- North Shore cops, firefighters take kids on Christmas shopping spree
- Brown Deer school finance director follows her faith to Messmer Catholic Schools
- Driver killed in Brown Deer crash was rushing granddaughter to hospital
- Shootout between two vehicles ends in crash (1)
- Brown Deer mom asks friends to bring food pantry donations to Thanksgiving dinner
- Brown Deer car crash kills driver, injures passenger