Brown Deer — A "questionable Facebook post" prompted Brown Deer High School to go into lockdown mode for less than an hour Thursday afternoon.
The Facebook post caused Brown Deer police and school officials to go into lockdown for about 30 minutes to 45 minutes , said Christie Odenwald in the district superintendent's office. Brown Deer police determined the concerns were unfounded, and canceled the lockdown shortly thereafter. Odenwald did not comment on the nature of the Facebook post.
Brown Deer police are investigating the matter, but are not releasing any more details about the lockdown at this point in time.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- North Shore Police Reports: September 18, 2014
- Brown Deer trustees approve Lighthouse project
- North Shore Police Reports: September 11, 2014
- Four-story assisted living center moves forward in Brown Deer
- North Shore Police Reports: September 4, 2014
- North Shore Police Reports: August 28, 2014
- With state funding tied to enrollment, North Shore public schools turn to marketing
- Senior living center gets critical reception
- Bus driver dies after medical episode
- Rogers Memorial opens expansion process