No reportable incidents this week.
· A wallet with credit cards and $310 in cash was taken from a hallway locker at the YMCA, 9250 N. Green Bay Road, before 1:30 p.m. Feb. 9.
· A Brown Deer man, age not released, was arrested for battery/domestic violence related after he pushed a woman and grabbed her neck causing two small cuts at 1:25 p.m. Feb . 12. Medical assistance was declined.
· A man was seen taking a laptop valued at more than $200 from a display at Office Max, 9088 N. Green Bay Road, about noon Feb. 14. He was at the display when the alarm went off saying he didn't know what happened. When an employee was distracted he grabbed the laptop and fled. Evidence was found at the scene.
· A Brown Deer man, age not released, was arrested for disorderly conduct/domestic violence related after he came home drunk and began arguing with a female relative at 2:30 a.m. Feb. 15. He pushed her and 911 was called. Medical assistance was declined.
· A man, age and residence not released, was arrested for drunken driving with four prior convictions after his car was found abandoned in a snow bank in the 4800 block of West Calumet Road at 2 a.m. Feb. 15. The plate was traced and the man was located at home where he admitted driving. The man, who failed field sobriety tests, had a preliminary blood alcohol content of 0.146. He was taken for a blood draw.
· A man, age and residence not released, was arrested for battery/domestic violence related, after he punched his girlfriend in the eye breaking her glasses at 11:35 p.m. Feb. 15. A witness called 911. The victim refused medical treatment.
· A man, age and residence not released, was arrested for drunken driving, with two prior convictions, after he was found "napping" behind the wheel of his running car, in gear, about 15 feet past an intersection in the 9000 block of North Deerwood Drive at 1 a.m. Feb. 16. The man, who failed field sobriety tests and had a preliminary BAC of 0.184, was taken for a blood draw.
· More than eight cars, all unlocked, were entered and items taken in the 4000 block of West Parkland Avenue, the 4500 block of West Fountain Avenue, 4600 block of West Calumet Road, 4800 of West Spring Lane, 7800 and 7900 of North Sherman Boulevard on Feb. 15 or 16. The value of items taken was not completely available, although one resident reported a cellphone and sunglasses were taken and others small amounts of change
· A Brown Deer man, age not released, was arrested for possession of 6.3 grams of marijuana, battery while armed/domestic violence related and recklessly endangering safety after he choked a woman, pushed her down and threatened her with a gun at 6 p.m. Feb. 18.
· A smartphone, value not listed, was taken when left unattended while the owner played basketball at the YMCA, 9250 N. Green Bay Road, before 7:45 p.m. Feb. 18.
· A resident reported that a diamond ring, valued at more than $20,000, was missing from a kitchen table in the 7100 block of North Barnett Lane as of Feb. 11 and reported Feb. 14. The resident reported that workers from two businesses had been in her home Feb. 11.
· A student reported that her wallet and contents including credit cards were taken from the Communication and Fine Arts Building at Cardinal Stritch University, 6801 N. Yates Road, at 6:15 p.m. Feb. 18. At least one credit card was used at a Target for more than $580 and at a gas station for $8 before the cards were canceled.
· A 27-year-old Milwaukee woman was arrested for theft and obstruction of an investigation Feb. 17 after failing to pay for car repairs of $1,226 to her BMW at an auto repair shop in the 2200 block of West Bender Road, on Jan. 27. A man, who said he was a relative of the woman, picked up her car paying with a check that turned out to be worthless. Police located the car and the woman at her home. She said she gave the man, who she would not identify, cash for the repairs and if he paid with a bad check it "was not her problem."
· A 21-year-old man, residence not released, was arrested for resisting arrest, recklessly endangering safety and robbery/use of force at GapKids, 401 W. Northshore Drive, at 6:55 p.m. Feb. 12. The man, who security recognized as someone who had shoplifted in the past, put children's items valued at $226 into a booster bag and as he left the store, a security guard attempted to stop him. He punched the guard in the chest and drove away. Police located the car and he was arrested.
· A resident reported that the tires on his car were slashed causing $500 damage in the 600 block of West Glendale Avenue at 10:12 p.m. Feb. 12.
· A 35-year-old Beloit man was arrested for drunken driving, with two prior convictions, and refusal to take a breath test after being stopped for driving north in a southbound lane in the 7000 block of North Port Washington Road at 2:23 a.m. Feb. 13. He was taken for a blood draw.
· A 23-year-old Milwaukee woman was arrested for possession of 0.7 grams of marijuana when the car she was in was stopped for speeding in the 1700 block of West Silver Spring Drive at 8:45 p.m. Feb. 13. The woman admitted the marijuana was hers and that she and others had smoked it earlier.
· A 37-year-old Glendale man was arrested for battery/domestic violence related to his roommate and later battery to a law enforcement officer after the roommate called 911 to report the man hit, choked and kicked him at 1 a.m. Feb. 14. The suspect, who was intoxicated, then fought and hit the arresting officer.
· A 22-year-old Milwaukee man was arrested for possession of 0.4 grams of marijuana and carrying a concealed weapon after a report of marijuana odor in a room at LaQuinta Inn, 5423 N. Port Washington Road, at 2 a.m. Feb. 15. The man was found with a loaded .22-caliber Ruger hidden in his waist band.
· More than $1,000 cash, a $200 coat and a $75 backpack were taken from one locker and a gym bag and other items including $40 cash from another at LA Fitness, 501 W. Northshore Drive, between 3 and 4:30 p.m. Feb. 15.
· A man, age and residence not released, was arrested for receiving stolen property and a warrant after attempting to return a stolen phone at Verizon, 5790 N. Port Washington Road, abut 1 p.m. Feb. 17. The man came to the store to make a return for a better phone and when told his phone was stolen, he refused to turn it over and police were called.
No reportable incidents this week.
· An undisclosed amount of cash was taken from an unlocked safe at Subway, 4007 N. Oakland Ave., about 1 a.m. Feb. 17. Entry was gained through a rear door where damage to a lock was reported. The crime was caught on video.
· A resident reported an attempted fraud when someone tried to use her old Kohl's credit card to purchase an item valued at $189 in Texas on Feb. 17. The store rejected the use of the card.
· A man, age and residence not released, was stopped after he was seen carrying two bicycles in the 1500 block of East Capitol Drive at 1:50 a.m. Feb. 19. He admitted to police taking the bikes but said it was a prank because the bikes belonged to his friend. The owner declined to press charges.
· A UWM in-car parking meter valued at $50 was taken from an unlocked car in a driveway in the 1400 block of East Olive Street on Feb. 19 or 20.
· A smartphone and headphones valued at more than $160 were taken from the girls locker room at Whitefish Bay High School, 1200 E. Fairmount Ave., during fourth hour Feb. 10 and reported Feb. 21.
· More than 100 pieces of jewelry, watches, an electronic tablet and other items valued at more than $5,000 were taken from the 5400 block of North Hollywood Avenue between 1 and 8:30 p.m. Feb. 15. A rear door was forced open to gain entry.
· A watch and jewelry valued at more than $5,000 were taken from the 5200 block of North Hollywood Avenue sometime 6:30 to 9:30 p.m. Feb. 15. A rear window was forced open to gain entry.
· An unlocked silver 2010 Hyundai Elantra was taken from an underground, secured garage in the 300 block of East Henry Clay Street sometime Feb. 14 to Feb. 16.
· A man was arrested for battery/domestic violence related after a report of a man beating a woman in a car in the 100 block of East Chateau Place about 6:50 p.m. Feb. 19. The victim, who did not request medical assistance, signed the 72-hour no contact order.
· A gym bag with an electronic media player, shoes, shirt and a radar detector, valued at about $200, was taken from an unlocked car in a driveway in the 1600 block of East Chateau Place on Feb. 19 or 20. The gym bag was found in a recycling bin with most of the items still inside in the 4900 block of North Newhall Street at 8:15 a.m. Feb. 20.
· A snowblower, value not available, was taken from a garage and a car in that garage was entered but nothing taken in the 4900 block of North Ardmore Avenue on Feb. 19 or 20. The snowblower was recovered stuck in a snow bank next to the owner's house.
· A GPS unit, valued at $250, was taken from an unlocked car in a driveway in the 4900 block of North Ardmore Avenue on Feb. 19 or 20.
· Unlocked cars were entered but nothing reported taken except small amounts of change in the 4900 blocks of North Wildwood Avenue, North Bartlett Avenue and North Newhall Street, the 4700 and 4800 blocks of North Diversey Boulevard, the 1400 block of East Fairmount Avenue and the 400 block of East Silver Spring Drive on Feb. 19 or 20.
NORTH SHORE FIRE DEPARTMENT
· Unlocked Firefighters responded to 139 calls, 87 emergency medical and 52 fire/rescue, Feb. 17 to Feb. 23.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- North Shore Police Reports: July 10, 2014
- North Shore Police Report: July 3, 2014
- North Shore Police Report, June 26, 2014
- North Shore Police Report: June 19
- North Shore Police Report: June 12
- North Shore Police Report: June 5
- North Shore Police Report: May 29
- North Shore Police Report: May 22
- North Shore Police Reports: May 15
- North Shore Police Reports 5/4/2014
- North Shore Police Report
- Police Report: April 8
- Police Report: March 18
- Police Report: March 11
- Police report: March 3
- Police report: Feb. 17
- Police report: Feb. 11