1A man, age and residence not released, was arrested for drunken driving after failing to stop at Port Washington and Brown Deer roads at 1 a.m. Feb. 16. The man failed field sobriety tests and had a bloodalcohol content of 0.12.
2A man, age and residence not released, was arrested for theft from his employer V&J Café, 4301 W. Bradley Road, at 6:45 p.m. Jan. 21. The man had taken more than $600 that he was to have deposited for the Café. The theft was discovered when he said he made a deposit Jan. 20, a bank holiday. He made restitution of $190 but said the rest was gone and he didn't know where it went. The Café's owner(s) wants restitution.
3A man was arrested for theft and a warrant and a woman, his daughter, ages and residences not released, for party to the crime of theft at TJ Maxx, 9020 N. Green Bay Road, at 5 p.m. Feb. 4. The man was seen taking security tags off seven pair of pants, two coats and two tops valued at $371, putting the items in a bag and handing it to his daughter who attempted to leave the store but was stopped.
· A woman, age and residence not released, was arrested for battery, disorderly conduct and recklessly endangering safety — all domestic violence related — and all while armed with a dangerous weapon after she attacked a male relative using an 18-inch baton early morning Feb. 5. The victim called 911 and when police arrived the woman smelled strongly of alcohol.
4A .22-caliber Ruger single six revolver, value not available, was reported missing from a locked cabinet in the basement in the 5300 block of West Nokomis Road at 10:45 a.m. Feb. 5.
· A resident came to the police department to report that her name and Social Security number had been used fraudulently to file federal taxes Feb. 6. The IRS was contacted.
5A cellphone, value not available, was taken from an unlocked car in the 4700 block of West Bradley Road sometime before 11:10 a.m. Feb. 6.
6A woman, age and residence not released, was arrested for drunken driving and speeding 62 mph in a 35 mph zone in the 8300 block of North Teutonia Avenue at 2 a.m. Feb. 8. The woman was seen speeding, almost hitting the median. She failed field sobriety tests and had a preliminary blood alcohol content of 0.138.
· A woman, age and residence not released, was arrested for disorderly conduct/domestic violence related after she attacked her sister at 7 a.m. Feb. 8. The suspect arrived at her sister's home uninvited and the two began to argue and then fight. Marijuana was found at the Brown Deer residence and the victim was arrested for possession of marijuana, weight not available, later that morning.
7A laptop computer and a digital media player valued at $1,500 and a $100 gift card were taken from an unlocked car in the 7400 block of North Mohawk Road overnight Feb. 7 and 8. Three other unlocked cars were entered with small amounts of change taken in the 7400 block of North Navajo Road also Feb. 7 or 8. All were rummaged through. Police urge residents to lock their cars.
8A 44-year-old Milwaukee man was arrested for trespassing, bail jumping and theft from Kohl's, 5650 N. Bayshore Drive, at 5 p.m. Feb. 5. The man ran from the store with a total of 20 shirts and baseball caps valued at $370 attempting to hide in bushes about a block away. He had been previously banned from the mall and violated his parole by committing a crime.
9A 27-year-old West Allis woman was arrested for disorderly conduct after she threw a glass at a group of people breaking one of their glasses along with the one she threw at Applebee's, 5810 N. Bayshore Drive, at 10:48 p.m. Feb. 5. She was sitting with friends when she saw her "baby's father" at another table with two women and she yelled and threw the glass.
10A woman was seen on surveillance video loading a basket with meat valued at about $200, placing it next to the north exit and then leaving Pick 'n Save, 1735 W. Silver Spring Drive, at 4 p.m. Feb. 5. Moments later, the video showed a man enter the store, grab the basket and flee. The video was reviewed Feb. 6 after an inventory of the meat department showed a number of steaks missing.
11Three women, 30, 33 and 35, residences not released, were arrested for theft of items valued at $398 from Kohl's, 5650 N. Bayshore Drive, at 8:30 p.m. Feb. 6. The women entered a fitting room with flat purses and a cart loaded with clothing and exited with filled purses and store bags leaving behind an empty cart.
12Two Milwaukee women, 19 and 22, were arrested in separate incidents for escort without a license after police set up "dates" with them on a known website used by prostitutes at La Quinta Inn, 5110 N. Port Washington Road, one at 7:50 p.m. and one at 11 p.m. Feb. 6. Two Milwaukee men, 29 and 32, who drove the women to the Inn, were arrested as they sat in their cars for party to the crime of escort without a license The 19-year-old woman was also arrested for carrying a concealed weapon, a .38 special revolver, that she said she had for protection because she'd been robbed once. Her 1-year-old baby was in the car with the 32-year-man and was turned over to a relative.
13A woman reported the theft of her wallet, $50 cash, a $400 cellphone and her BMW, value not available, after inviting a female stranger to her home in the 6400 block of West Willow Glen Lane at 8 p.m. Feb. 6. The resident met the stranger at a gas station and felt sorry for her because she said her boyfriend beat her up. The resident first took the woman to her work, a bar restaurant, and then later home. The resident said she fell asleep and when she woke up the stranger and her property were gone.
14A 20-year-old man, and two women, 23 and 19, all of Milwaukee, were arrested for theft from Sears, 5900 N. Port Washington Road, at 2:30 p.m. Feb. 7. The man, who worked at the store, saved cash receipts and then he and the women would use those receipts to make fraudulent returns for cash. In total they stole $686.
15Three 15-year-old Milwaukee girls were arrested for theft of clothing valued at $325 at Kohl's, 5650 N. Bayshore Drive, at 2:50 p.m. Feb. 9.
16A 23-year-old Milwaukee man was arrested for drunken driving after running a stop sign at Alberta Lane and Bender Road at 2:50 a.m. Feb. 9. The man failed field sobriety tests and had a BAC of 0.09.
17A woman, age and residence not released, was arrested for drunken driving, obstruction, for giving a false name, and a warrant in the 600 block of West Silver Spring Drive at 3:40 a.m. Feb. 10. She failed field sobriety tests and had a BAC of 0.16.
18A 33-year-old man, residence not released, was arrested for battery/domestic violence related and possession of 2.1 grams of marijuana at Baymont Inn, 5485 N. Port Washington Road, at 3:10 a.m. Feb. 11. The man, a woman and a 5-month old baby were in the room when the man attacked the woman pulling her hair and hitting her. The man denied hitting the woman but said he might have pulled her hair.
19A 22-year-old woman, residence not released, was arrested for theft of more than $500 from her employer, TCF Bank, 2100 W. Good Hope Road, at 1:10 p.m. Feb. 11. The woman, who was hired Dec. 23 and spent two weeks in teller training, admitted taking the money saying she was sorry and would return it because she hadn't spent it.
· A resident reported being the victim of a scam after sending $1,000 to help her grandson who was in trouble at 8:45 p.m. Feb. 11.
No reportable incidents this week.
20A man, age and residence not released, was arrested for drunken driving and speeding 42 mph in a 25 mph zone in the 4500 block of North Oakland Avenue at 2 a.m. Feb. 6. The man failed field sobriety tests and had a BAC of 0.10.
21A smartphone valued at $500 was taken from a student's locker at Shorewood Intermediate School, 3830 N. Morris Blvd., during the school day Feb. 6. It was traced to a Milwaukee address but not located.
22A wallet was reported taken after being left by accident at Sendik's, 4027 N. Oakland Ave., Feb. 10. One credit card was used for $58 at a Walgreens.
23Three books and a magazine valued at $59 were taken from the Shorewood Library, 3920 N. Murray Ave., sometime Feb. 5 to 12. The theft was discovered when the bar codes, which had been removed, were found.
24A clutch purse and contents including a wallet and credit cards was taken when left by accident at Stone Creek Coffee, 4106 N. Oakland Ave., sometime Feb. 12. One of the credit cards was used that same day at Stone Creek to purchase a $200 gift card.
25Two men, ages and residences not released, were arrested for theft at Walgreens, 4035 N. Oakland Ave., at 4:45 p.m. Feb. 12. First the men searched garbage cans looking for discarded cash receipts from the store. Then one would go into the store and steal the items listed on that receipt, give the items to the other man who would return to the store with the items and the found receipt and ask for a cash refund.
26A wallet was taken from a file cabinet in a classroom at Atwater Elementary School, 2100 E. Capitol Drive, during the day Feb. 13. Credit cards were used at various stores including Menards for $500, and at a Walgreens and O'Reilly Auto for $24 each.
· A resident reported three checks using her account information had been cashed in Florida on Feb. 9. She had received restitution for one check and was talking with the bank about the other two. She was advised to freeze her account
27A man and woman, ages and residences not released, were arrested for disorderly conduct and the woman also for resisting/obstruction and the man for criminal damage to property in the 100 block of East Henry Clay Street at 7:15 p.m. Feb. 10. The man broke a window while the couple were fighting, and when police arrived, the woman continued to fight this time with police.
28A man, age and residence not released, was arrested for drunken driving, defective tail lights and speeding 41 mph in a 25 mph zone in the 300 block of Hampton Road at 1:36 a.m. Feb. 12. The man failed field sobriety tests and had a BAC of 0.09.
· A resident reported an attempted scam after getting a phone call from someone saying he was her grandson and in a Lebanon jail and needed $1,940 sent via money order at 3 p.m. Feb. 13. The woman told the caller she had no grandchild and the caller hung up.
29A man, age and residence not released, was arrested for drunken driving, and open intoxicants after driving the wrong way on a divided highway in the 4600 block of North Wilson Drive at 3:10 a.m. Feb. 15. The man, who had a flask of whiskey in the car, failed field sobriety tests and had a BAC of 0.17.
30A woman, age and residence not released, was arrested for drunken driving, failure to notify an address change and failure to keep the car under control after driving into a parkway snow bank in the 300 block of East Day Avenue at 4:08 a.m. Feb. 15. She failed field sobriety tests and had a BAC of 0.19.
NORTH SHORE FIRE DEPARTMENT
· Firefighters responded to 128 calls, 90 emergency medical and 38 fire/rescue, Feb. 10 to Feb. 16.
31Firefighters responded to water leaking through the ceiling of a first floor apartment and smoke in the hallway in the 1700 block of East Newton Avenue about 5 p.m. Feb. 12. Water was found overflowing from a bathtub in the apartment above and the smoke was caused by water leaking into a light fixture.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- North Shore police report: Sept. 3
- North Shore Police Reports: Aug. 27, 2015
- North Shore Police Reports: Aug. 20, 2015
- North Shore Police Reports: Aug. 13, 2015
- North Shore Police Reports: Aug. 6, 2015
- North Shore Police Report: July 30
- North Shore Police Reports: July 16, 2015
- North Shore Police Reports: July 9, 2015
- North Shore Police Reports: July 2, 2015
- North Shore Police Reports: June 25, 2015
- North Shore Police Reports: June 18, 2015
- North Shore Police Reports: June 11, 2015
- North Shore Police Reports: June 4, 2015
- North Shore Police Reports: May 28, 2015
- North Shore Police Reports: May 21, 2015
- North Shore Police Reports: May 14, 2015
- North Shore Police Reports: May 7, 2015
- North Shore Police Reports: April 30, 2015
- North Shore Police Reports: April 23, 2015
- North Shore Police Reports: April 16, 2015