I have always been proud to be called a Brown Deer Falcon and graduate of Brown Deer High School. I've been a part of this community for most of my life, and a majority of my immediate family members still live here. I married my beautiful wife more than 10 years ago and we chose Brown Deer to raise our three small children because it is a special place.
I graduated summa cum laude from UW-Milwaukee with a double major in finance and marketing. Over the past 15 years, I have worked in the financial services industry, and I am currently a vice president and senior annuity specialist at Robert W. Baird & Co.
Many people have asked me "Why are you running?" My answer is that I have a deep passion for our community and I feel our village needs new leaders to emerge with fresh ideas to keep Brown Deer moving forward.
There have been a number of improvements throughout the village in recent years, but there is more work that needs to be done. I've attended many Village Board meetings over the past few years. I am well versed on the opportunities and challenges that we face; therefore, I can be an effective member immediately. I believe one of the top priorities for our village is to address the vacant properties and businesses to help alleviate the financial burden on our residents.
I believe my considerable financial experience will be a meaningful asset to the Village Board as we prepare future budgets. Additionally, my marketing skills will play a key role in promoting our village, school district, local businesses and community. It would be an honor and privilege to serve as your village trustee.
Jamie D. Awe
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Brown Deer alum returns home to shoot first feature-length film
- West Nile virus reported in North Shore
- Repair or replace? Brown Deer weighs options for DPW building (2)
- Milwaukee man charged in connection with attempted armed robbery at Brown Deer Walmart
- Armed robbery avoided with a push at Brown Deer Walmart
- Brown Deer closes on sale of former American TV and Appliance building
- Woman robbed at gunpoint at Brown Deer bank
- Brown Deer municipal buildings need improvements
- Brown Deer rolls out the rain barrels with public art event (1)
- North Shore Police Reports: June 25, 2015