I have always been proud to be called a Brown Deer Falcon and graduate of Brown Deer High School. I've been a part of this community for most of my life, and a majority of my immediate family members still live here. I married my beautiful wife more than 10 years ago and we chose Brown Deer to raise our three small children because it is a special place.
I graduated summa cum laude from UW-Milwaukee with a double major in finance and marketing. Over the past 15 years, I have worked in the financial services industry, and I am currently a vice president and senior annuity specialist at Robert W. Baird & Co.
Many people have asked me "Why are you running?" My answer is that I have a deep passion for our community and I feel our village needs new leaders to emerge with fresh ideas to keep Brown Deer moving forward.
There have been a number of improvements throughout the village in recent years, but there is more work that needs to be done. I've attended many Village Board meetings over the past few years. I am well versed on the opportunities and challenges that we face; therefore, I can be an effective member immediately. I believe one of the top priorities for our village is to address the vacant properties and businesses to help alleviate the financial burden on our residents.
I believe my considerable financial experience will be a meaningful asset to the Village Board as we prepare future budgets. Additionally, my marketing skills will play a key role in promoting our village, school district, local businesses and community. It would be an honor and privilege to serve as your village trustee.
Jamie D. Awe
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- North Shore Police Reports: April 16, 2015
- One killed, firefighter injured in Germantown townhouse fire April 11
- North Shore Police Reports: April 9, 2015
- Three Brown Deer School Board members return for a second term
- North Shore Police Reports: April 2, 2015
- Brown Deer considering new civic buildings
- Burglary suspects flee police in Brown Deer, crash car in Whitefish Bay (4)
- North Shore Police Reports: March 26, 2015
- North Shore Police Reports: March 19, 2015
- Tickets now on sale for Brookfield Central's production of "The Foreigner"