The Brown Deer, Mequon-Thiensville, Nicolet, and Whitefish Bay school districts have canceled school and all after-school activities for Tuesday due to wind chill warnings issued by the National Weather Service.
Nicolet's feeder districts, Fox Point-Bayside, Glendale-River Hills, and Maple Dale-Indian Hill, will be closed as well.
The current NWS warning forecasts wind chills between 25 to 35 below zero today and wind chills between 35 to 45 below on Tuesday. According to the warning, such wind chills can cause frostbite to exposed skin in as little as 10 minutes.
Tuesday is the third school day canceled in January as a result of the frigid winter season. It is unknown yet whether the districts will need to add days to the end of the year to make up for the cold weather closures.
Shorewood schools are closed Monday and Tuesday for teacher in-service days but the district has canceled some after-school activities.
- DOT to host hearing on intersection of Brown Deer, Green Bay roads
- Brown Deer has secret sculpture garden
- Brown Deer man charged in armed bank robbery
- Newcomers Machgan, Henderson secure seats on Brown Deer School Board (2)
- Brown Deer Park golf course to get new driving range (1)
- Brown Deer seeks to fill looming Kohl's vacancy (5)
- Four new faces running for Brown Deer School Board
- Brown Deer police release details about officer-involved shooting of unruly bus patron
- Brown Deer officers shoot unruly bus rider
- 3-year-old child killed in rollover crash in Brown Deer