The Brown Deer, Mequon-Thiensville, Nicolet, and Whitefish Bay school districts have canceled school and all after-school activities for Tuesday due to wind chill warnings issued by the National Weather Service.
Nicolet's feeder districts, Fox Point-Bayside, Glendale-River Hills, and Maple Dale-Indian Hill, will be closed as well.
The current NWS warning forecasts wind chills between 25 to 35 below zero today and wind chills between 35 to 45 below on Tuesday. According to the warning, such wind chills can cause frostbite to exposed skin in as little as 10 minutes.
Tuesday is the third school day canceled in January as a result of the frigid winter season. It is unknown yet whether the districts will need to add days to the end of the year to make up for the cold weather closures.
Shorewood schools are closed Monday and Tuesday for teacher in-service days but the district has canceled some after-school activities.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Wrong-way driver dies in hospital after three-car accident
- Update: 20-year-old woman released from hospital after car crash that killed 2 other women
- Video: DOT proposes 'Michigan left' intersection at Brown Deer, Green Bay roads
- Suspect in fiery Brown Deer crash arrested in Cincinnati
- Brown Deer partners with Marquette marketing class
- Shots fired during domestic violence incident in Brown Deer
- North Shore cops, firefighters take kids on Christmas shopping spree
- Brown Deer school finance director follows her faith to Messmer Catholic Schools
- Driver killed in Brown Deer crash was rushing granddaughter to hospital
- Shootout between two vehicles ends in crash (1)