The Brown Deer, Mequon-Thiensville, Nicolet, and Whitefish Bay school districts have canceled school and all after-school activities for Tuesday due to wind chill warnings issued by the National Weather Service.
Nicolet's feeder districts, Fox Point-Bayside, Glendale-River Hills, and Maple Dale-Indian Hill, will be closed as well.
The current NWS warning forecasts wind chills between 25 to 35 below zero today and wind chills between 35 to 45 below on Tuesday. According to the warning, such wind chills can cause frostbite to exposed skin in as little as 10 minutes.
Tuesday is the third school day canceled in January as a result of the frigid winter season. It is unknown yet whether the districts will need to add days to the end of the year to make up for the cold weather closures.
Shorewood schools are closed Monday and Tuesday for teacher in-service days but the district has canceled some after-school activities.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Botanicals bloom in Brown Deer
- North Shore Police Reports: October 16, 2014
- North Shore Police Reports: October 9, 2014
- North Shore Police Reports: October 2, 2012
- North Shore Police Reports: September 25, 2014
- Enter Halloween contest to win tickets to Legends & Lore
- North Shore Police Reports: September 18, 2014
- Brown Deer trustees approve Lighthouse project
- North Shore Police Reports: September 11, 2014
- Four-story assisted living center moves forward in Brown Deer