· A man, age and residence not released, was arrested for drunken driving after a 911 reporting an erratic driver in the 8300 block of Interstate 43 at 11 p.m. Dec. 22. The man, who admitted having about three beers, said he was coming back from the Packers game asking police, "Can't I get a break?" He failed field sobriety tests and had a blood alcohol content of 0.16.
· Two males, not yet 21, residences not released, were arrested for underage drinking and one, the driver, also for defective headlight after his car was stopped in the 8500 block of North Lake Drive at 2:45 a.m. Dec. 24. One male had a BAC of 0.02 and the other refused a breath test.
· A man, age and residence not released, was arrested for driving while impaired, possession of marijuana, possession of drug paraphernalia, refusal to take a breath test, open intoxicants and illegally crossing a divided highway after hitting the medium and ending up facing the wrong way in the 500 block of West Brown Deer Road at 8:32 p.m. Dec. 26. The man had a cup with alcohol in it, which he said was moonshine. In his pocket, police found a bag with a small amount of marijuana and a type of socket with residue he used to smoke the drug.
· A shattered window with footprints on an outdoor deck were reported in the 9100 block of North Pelham Parkway at 8:30 p.m. Dec. 29. The window would have been broken between Dec. 26 and the 29 but no entry was gained. According to a report, the weather might have caused the breakage.
· A man, age and residence not released, was arrested for drunken driving, a warrant and warned for speeding 78 mph in a 55 mph zone in the 9200 block of I-43 at 12:20 a.m. Jan. 1. The man, who said he had "a little bit" to drink, had a BAC of 0.12.
· A woman, age and residence not released, was arrested for drunken driving, with two prior convictions, and unsafe lane deviation after cutting in front of a squad car almost hitting it in the 340 block of West Brown Deer Road at 2:15 a.m. Jan. 1. The woman, who said she had four beers, had a BAC of 0.11 and was taken for a blood draw.
· A man, age and residence not released, was arrested for drunken driving, with a prior conviction, after a report of an erratic driving exiting I-43 at West Brown Deer Road at 6:50 p.m. Jan. 1. His BAC was 0.25.
· A female, age and residence not released, was arrested for theft at Kohl's, 9060 N. Green Bay Road, at 11:30 a.m. Dec. 24. The woman entered the store carrying her purse. She loaded a cart with shoes and children's clothing valued at $460 and then went to the service counter saying she wanted a refund. When asked for a receipt, she became angry saying "Nobody told me I had to pay for it." She attempted to leave the store but was stopped.
· A man, age and residence not released, was arrested for drunken driving in an underground garage in the 5700 block of West Wahner Avenue at 1 a.m. Dec. 25. He was parking his car, when a passenger got out and was hit by the door. Rescue was called and when they arrived the man said he was driving because the woman was too drunk to drive. She was not injured. The man's preliminary BAC was 0.177.
· Ten cartons of cigarettes valued at more than $900 and an undisclosed amount of cash were taken during an armed robbery at the Shell Station, 4685 W. Bradley Road, at 10:49 p.m. Dec. 30. Two males wearing hooded shirts, nylon masks and latex gloves entered the store with handguns, took the cash and cigarettes and fled the scene.
· A Brown Deer man, age not released, was arrested for drunken driving causing injury, failure to yield the right of way and failure to notify police of an accident after he hit a car turning left causing injury to that driver in the 6000 block of West Brown Deer Road at 1:15 a.m. Jan. 1. The man fled the scene and when found told police he had a "few beers." A short time later he said he had four or five shots of rum and a "few beers." A warrant was issued for a blood draw.
· A Brown Deer man, age not released, was arrested for battery/domestic violence related after he called 911 reporting that a relative of his wife had threatened him with a knife at 1:15 a.m. Jan. 1. Police arrived and found that relative and the man's wife outside the residence. The relative did have a pocket knife but never threatened the other man. He and the woman said the man had attacked them and that man was arrested.
· Two Brown Deer men, ages not released, were arrested for disorderly conduct/domestic violence related, after police responded to a 911 hang-up call at 9:30 a.m. Jan. 1. The men admitted fighting over rent money but said there wasn't a problem. A lamp was knocked on the floor and furniture moved. No injuries were reported.
· More than $500 was taken from a church in the 8700 block of North Deerwood Drive before 12:30 p.m. Jan. 1. There was sign of forced entry to an inner door.
· A resident reported seeing a person wearing a hooded shirt near two unlocked cars in the 8500 block of North 46th Street before 2 a.m. Jan. 2. Those cars were entered but there was no information on what might have been taken.
· A number of wrapped Christmas presents along with some change and costume jewelry with a total value of $800 was taken from the 7800 block of North Beach Drive sometime Dec. 5 to 15. Entry was gained by forcing open a kitchen window.
· A man, age and residence not released, was arrested for driving while impaired, possession of marijuana and warned for speeding 46 mph in a 35 mph zone in the 7600 block of North Port Washington Road at 3:20 a.m. Dec. 14. The man admitted smoking marijuana earlier and a trace amount was found in the car. He was taken for a blood draw.
· A man was caught on surveillance video entering the store, going directly to the headphone section, grabbing four boxes of headphones valued at $300 each and setting off the alarm as he ran out of Best Buy, 8755 N. Port Washington Road, at 9:45 p.m. Dec. 29. A similar theft was reported at the Southridge Best Buy on Dec. 16.
· Three females, age and residences not released, were arrested for theft from Victoria's Secret, 5701 N. Centerpark Way, at 8 p.m. Dec. 22. They fled in a car but were stopped. Inside that car was merchandise, all with security sensors still attached, taken from Victoria's Secret, H&M and the TJ Maxx in Brown Deer with a value of more than $3,900.
· Two 16-year-old girls and two 17-year-old girls, residences not released, were arrested for theft of items valued at more than $300 from H&M, Claire's, Forever 21 and Charlotte Russe at Bayshore Town Center, 5765 N. Bayshore Drive, at 5 p.m. Dec. 27. They fled the mall but were stopped.
· A man, age and residence not released, was arrested for drunken driving after being stopped for expired registration in the 6300 block of North Milwaukee River Parkway at 2:40 a.m. Dec. 28. His BAC was 0.16.
· A wallet and other property valued at $200 were taken from a car in the 6800 block of North Range Line Road on Dec. 28 or 29.
· More than 40 tires were dumped on private property in the 2000 block of West Bender Road sometime Dec. 28 to 30.
· A metal safe and contents along with cash and jewelry were taken from the 2100 block of West Woodbury Lane between 4:50 and 5:30 p.m. Dec. 29. There was sign of forced entry and various rooms had been rummaged through. There was no information on the value of the items taken.
· Police were called by Columbia St. Mary's Hospital, Milwaukee, reporting that a woman who had been "dropped off" had been shot in the leg in the 3800 block of West Mill Road at 10:30 a.m. Dec. 30. The woman was "uncooperative" regarding what had happened. There is a suspect who is being sought.
· Two males wearing hooded shirts, their faces partially covered with masks, entered PNC Bank, 7001 N. Port Washington Road, at 11:40 a.m. Dec. 30. They made eye contact with employees and then fled the bank.
· A male wearing a Chicago Blackhawk's cap was seen taking two smartphones valued at $1,200 from a display at AT&T, 6150 N. Port Washington Road, about 5 p.m. Dec. 31. He fled before police were called.
· A 39-year-old man, residence not released, was arrested for drunken driving, with a prior conviction, after another driver alerted police in the 5800 block of North Port Washington Road at 1:30 a.m. Jan. 1. The man, who ran over a curb, admitted having three beers and had a BAC of 0.11.
· Numerous items, value not listed, were taken from a car in the 5700 block of North Bayshore Drive between 7:30 and 8:30 p.m. Jan. 1. A window was broken to gain entry.
No reportable incidents this week.
· A snowblower valued at $650 was taken from an unlocked garage in the 4500 block of West Woodburn Street sometime Dec. 22 to 26.
· A Shorewood woman, age not released, was arrested for armed robbery of the BP Station, 3624 N. Oakland Ave., at 10:15 a.m. Dec. 30. The robbery occurred about 8:30 p.m. Dec. 22 when the woman entered the station and took $750 from the register. She left but was followed by an employee whom she then threatened with a gun.
· Cars were entered but nothing reported taken in the 4200 block of North Larkin Street, the 4400 block of North Prospect Avenue and the 1600 block of East Lake Bluff Boulevard on Dec. 25 or 26.
· A Shorewood male, age not released, was arrested for possession of drug paraphernalia in the 1400 block of East Capitol Drive after a noise complaint at 11 p.m. Dec. 26. There was a strong odor of marijuana in the residence and the male admitted smoking the drug earlier. A grinder and bong with residue were confiscated.
· A man, age and residence not released, was arrested for theft of items valued at $315 from Walgreens, 4035 N. Oakland Ave., at 7:20 p.m. Dec. 28. The man, who fled the store but was stopped a block away, had taken 17 bottles of eye drops, tubes of toothpaste and bottles of lotion.
· A smartphone valued at $200 was taken from an unlocked vehicle in the 2600 block of East Shorewood Boulevard on Dec. 28 or 29. The owner used her Find my Phone app and traced it to the 2400 block of North Eighth Street. Police contacted a resident there after a few tries. The resident said he had just gotten out of jail and did not take the phone. Later he notified police that "a friend" had taken the phone and it was returned.
· A man, age and residence not released, was arrested for drunken driving and making an illegal left turn in the 3800 block of North Oakland Avenue at 2:15 a.m. Dec. 29. He failed field sobriety tests and had a BAC of 0.10.
· A man, age and residence not released, was arrested for attempting to have a fraudulent prescription for oxycodone filled at Walgreens, 4035 N. Oakland Ave., at 8;15 p.m. Dec. 30.
· A man, age and residence not released, was arrested for drunken driving and refusal to take a breath test after driving left of center in the 3900 block of North Oakland Avenue at 2:30 a.m. Jan. 1.
· A snowblower valued at $250 was taken from a garage in the 5400 block of North Santa Monica Boulevard sometime after 3:30 p.m. Dec. 25 to 2 p.m. Jan. 4. A garage window lock was broken to gain entry causing $250 damage.
· An attempted burglary was reported in the 4700 block of North Larkin Street sometime from 5 p.m. Dec. 27 to 10 a.m. Dec. 29. A screen was cut and an attempt made to push open a living room window.
· A Whitefish Bay female juvenile, was arrested for possession of marijuana after police responded to a "trouble call" in the 5900 block of North Bay Ridge Avenue at 12:45 a.m. Dec. 29.
· A nonresident man, age and residence not released, was arrested for battery/domestic violence related at 7:41 a.m. Dec. 29. The victim signed a 72-hour no contact order. The case is being reviewed by the District Attorney's office.
· A man, age and residence not released, was arrested for drunken driving, drinking intoxicants while driving, driving with an elevated BAC, with two prior convictions, driving with a revoked license and failure/tampering with the interlock device in the 200 block of East Hampton Avenue at 7:55 p.m. Dec. 31. He was on a no-drink order and had a BAC of 0.02.
· About $60 was taken during a burglary in a suite at 155 E. Silver Spring Drive sometime Dec. 31 to 7:40 a.m. Jan. 2.
· Two males, ages and residences not released, were arrested for window peeping, resisting/obstruction, disorderly conduct and loitering/prowling after a resident reported them ringing the door bell in the 4700 block of North Lake Drive at 11 p.m. Jan. 4.
· A Whitefish Bay woman, age not released, was arrested for drunken driving after she crashed into a snow bank and hit a tree in the 300 block of East Day Avenue at 7 p.m. Jan. 5. She was found at her home in the 5700 block of North Lake Drive and had a BAC of 0.25.
NORTH SHORE FIRE DEPARTMENT
· Firefighters responded to 156 calls, 114 emergency medical and 42 fire/rescue, Dec. 16 to Dec. 22; 114 calls, 83 emergency medical and 31 fire/rescue, Dec. 23 to 29; 122 calls, 76 emergency medical and 46 fire/rescue, Dec. 30 to Jan. 5.
· A car fire was reported in a detached garage in the 7400 block of North Longacre Road, Fox Point, at 10 a.m. Dec. 28. The car's engine was "fully involved" and an attempt to get it out of the garage was unsuccessful because the car was stuck in "park." After the fire was extinguished, the car was pushed out of the garage. The amount of damage was not listed.
- North Shore Police Reports, June 23, 2016
- North Shore Police Reports, June 16, 2016
- North Shore Police Reports, June 9, 2016
- North Shore Police Reports: June 2, 2016
- North Shore Police Reports: May 26, 2016
- North Shore Police Reports: May 19, 2016
- North Shore Police Reports, May 12, 2016
- North Shore Police Reports, May 5, 2016
- North Shore Police Reports, April 28, 2016
- North Shore Police Reports, April 21, 2016
- North Shore Police Reports, April 14, 2016
- North Shore Police Reports, April 7, 2016
- North Shore Police Reports, March 31, 2016
- North Shore Police Reports, March 24, 2016
- North Shore Police Reports, March 17, 2016
- North Shore Police Reports, March 10, 2016
- North Shore Police Reports, March 3, 2016
- North Shore Police Reports, Feb. 25, 2016
- North Shore Police Reports, Feb. 18, 2016
- North Shore Police Reports, Feb. 11, 2016