More than $7,000 in cash was taken during an armed robbery in Brown Deer after a meeting arranged on Craigslist went awry.
According to the Brown Deer police report, which was released last week:
The more than $7,000 cash was taken during an armed robbery in the 8900 block of North Park Plaza Court about 3 a.m. Aug. 1.
The victim had responded to an ad on Craigslist to meet a woman. He told police he just wanted someone to talk to.
She arrived with a man and the three went to Potawatomi Bingo Casino where the resident gave the woman $200 and the man $100.
He told police he was drunk and "an idiot." They returned to his home and he gave the woman another $100 for a sexual encounter. After that, the other man pulled out a gun, forced the resident to open his safe and took the money.
The woman, age and residence not released, was arrested for party to the crime of armed robbery and prostitution.
The case continues to be investigated.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Election update: Dec. 3
- Brown Deer police seek information on armed robbery suspect
- Police Report: Dec. 2
- NSFD board passes funding formula
- News & Notes: Nov. 27
- Openings abound in spring elections
- Brown Deer’s facilities don’t match its test scores
- School officials create plan in case of emergencies
- Online exclusive: School officials seek input on forming Education Foundation
- Police Report: Nov. 25