No reportable incidents.
1A man, age and residence not released, was arrested for obstruction, possession of heroin and theft at Kohl's, 9060 N. Green Bay Road, at 8 p.m. April 19. The man ran from the store after taking two Polaroid kids tablets valued at $400. He was found near Channel 6 with the tablets and 0.2 grams of heroin wrapped in foil.
2A man and woman, ages and residences not released, were arrested for theft of infant and children's items valued at $355 from Kohl's, 9060 N. Green Bay Road, at 5 p.m. April 20. The couple ran from the store. When stopped, some of the items were found inside the man's own clothing and other items had been thrown under cars.
3A man, age residence not released, was arrested for drunken driving after hitting a traffic light in the 8000 block of North 60th Street at 2:40 a.m. April 29. Air bags had been deployed and the man was treated for injury. He said another car cut him off and that's why he hit the pole. The man, who admitted drinking at a Milwaukee bar, had a blood alcohol content of 0.19. Damage to the pole was listed as $200 and to his car at $5,000.
4A man, age and residence not released, was arrested for trespassing at the workout room at North Pointe Apartments, 9418 N. Green Bay Road, at 4:35 p.m. April 29. The man argued with police when told he was not a resident and could not use the facilities. He said other residents let him in and his aunt used to live here. He also said as soon as police left, he'd come back. He was warned.
5A boy was arrested for receiving stolen property after he was found with another student's digital media player at Brown Deer Middle School, 5757 W. Dean Road, at 11 a.m. May 3. The media player had been reported taken May 1. The boy said he found in a hallway.
6A Milwaukee man, age not released, was arrested for drunken driving and driving with suspended registration in the 4000 block of West Bradley Road at 2:20 a.m. May 7. The man admitted drinking at home and getting a call from a friend who needed a ride. His mother told him not to drive but he did. "I am guilty," he told police after failing field sobriety tests. His BAC was 0.16.
· There is a male suspect in the theft of debit cards April 3 taken from students at Lake Shore Technical College, Cleveland, Wis., and then used to purchase items valued at more than $400 at various stores in a number of communities including Glendale, Shorewood and Fox Point also in April. The suspect was caught on surveillance video using the cards.
7A man, age and residence not released, was arrested for driving without a valid license, illegal U-turn and theft of four bottles of liquor valued at $146 from CVS Pharmacy, 8661 N. Port Washington Road, at 10 a.m. May 7. According to an employee the man was "so obvious" when taking the liquor and fled the store. He drove away making the illegal U-turn before being stopped.
8Scrap steel and 30 gasline meter sets valued at $4,500 the property of We Energies were taken from a flat bed trailer at the Village Pool, 7100 N. Santa Monica Blvd., during the day May 8.
9A laptop computer valued at $524 was taken from an office in East Lake Towers at Columbia St. Mary's Hospital, 4425 N. Port Washington Road, during the day May 1.
· A resident was the victim of a scam May 1 after sending money to her "grandson" who called saying he'd been in an accident in Panama and injured someone so he needed money. She then received a call from a man who told her to send $2,945 via a Walmart money gram which she did. On May 2, a different man called telling her to send $2,990 more which she did. She then received a call from a third man, this one asking her to send $35,000. She went to her bank and because she forgot her ID was unable to withdraw the money and at that time an employee advised her to call police.
10A woman reported the theft of her wallet as she shopped at Bayshore, 5800 N. Port Washington Road, on May 3. She didn't know her wallet was gone until she was at work and it was then she found out at least one credit card was used charging more than $700 at various stores including a Target and Walgreens.
11A large envelope with 11 standard sized envelopes inside addressed to people all over the United States was sent to Cardinal Stritch University, 6801 N. Yates Road, on May 3. Inside those smaller envelopes, which all had return address of the university, were checks valued from $1,900 to $2,880. An investigation discovered all the checks were counterfeit and worthless.
12A smartphone valued at $600 was reported taken after being left in a fitting room at Boston Store, 5701 N. Lydell Ave., around 7 or 8 p.m. May 3.
13A man reported being attacked in the parking lot of the Baymont Inn, 5485 N. Port Washington Road, at 6 p.m. May 4. As he walked toward the hotel, three men got out of a car, one walked over to him and punched him in the face. The victim was able to get away by entering a rear door of the hotel. The attack was caught on surveillance video.
14A laptop computer, value not listed, was taken from a car in the 7000 block of North Port Washington Road about 6:45 p.m. May 5. A window was broken causing more than $200 damage.
15A man, about 45, residence not released, was arrested for carrying a concealed weapon — a .380 Bersa Thunder semi-automatic handgun loaded with five rounds and a live round in the chamber — as he walked in the 2200 block of West Kendall Avenue about 2 p.m. May 5. Police had been searching for this man, known as "Brian," after he was first reported with that gun showing it to a resident "in a nonthreatening manner" in the 5800 block of North Argyle Avenue about 5 p.m. April 30. That same resident called police again when "Brian" returned leaving a bag of groceries at 5 p.m. May 5. Earlier that day, another resident reported "Brian" was at her home saying he ordered T-shirts for her and Herb Kohl to celebrate a Jewish Holiday in the 2400 block of West Wingate Avenue. This time, police found the man who told them he had the gun for protection and had contact with the FBI and CIA.
16Two 17-year-old girls, residences not released, were arrested for theft of items valued at $239 from Kohl's, 5650 N. Bayshore Drive, at 2 p.m. May 5. They were released to a parent or guardian.
17A computer and laptop, mini tablet, jewelry and clothing, value not listed, were taken from an apartment in the 6000 block of North Green Bay Avenue on May 7 or 8. There was no sign of forced entry.
18A check book was taken from a backpack left unattended during a rummage sale at University School, 2100 Fairy Chasm Road, about 10:30 a.m. May 5. The owner went to try on some clothes and when she returned her backpack had been put on a sale table with other backpacks which were on sale and her checkbook was gone.
19A speaker valued at $80 and an undisclosed amount of money were taken from a school bag in separate incidents from an office at Shorewood High School, 1701 E. Capitol Drive, sometime from late March to May 2.
20Two cars were entered and small amounts of change taken in the 1700 block of East Olive Street and the 4300 block of North Stowell Avenue sometime May 2 to May 4.
21A Night Hawk 1911 firearm valued at $3,500 was taken from the glove box of a car parked in an unsecured garage in the 4400 block North Stowell Avenue on May 2 or 3.
22A man, about 45, was caught on surveillance video entering a side door and taking four bottles of liquor valued at $152 at Camp Bar, 4044 N. Oakland Ave., about 3:45 p.m. May 3 and reported May 6.
23Items valued at more than $3,100 were taken from an open garage in the 4400 block of N. Ardmore Avenue on May 4 or 5. Taken were two bicycles, one valued at $2,000, two saws and an air compressor.
24A bicycle valued at $700 was taken from an unsecured garage in the 4100 block of North Ardmore Avenue early morning May 5.
25A man, age and residence not released, was cited for carrying a concealed weapon after being stopped for a defective tail light in the 3500 block of North Oakland Avenue at 2 a.m. May 6. The man was asked if he had a weapon as he exited his car and handed over a switchblade he had in his pocket. He then was took field sobriety tests which he passed.
· A man described as "elderly" became verbally upset after he went to his bank saying he needed to withdraw $2,200 to send to his grandson who had called saying to send that money and when the grandson received he would deposit $7 million into his grandfather's account at Wells Fargo Bank, 4015 N. Oakland Ave., at 3 p.m. May 6. Police were called and no money was sent.
26A Shorewood man, age not released, was warned for dogs at large after a woman called police to report his two schnauzers "came at her" as she walked in the 4500 block of North Wilson Drive at 1 p.m. May 7. She told him his dogs should be on a leash and he told her, "You need to be on a leash." He later apologized.
27Plants waiting to be planted and flower pots valued at $200 were taken from the 4000 block of North Wilson Drive on May 6 or 7.
28Clothes valued at $200 were taken from the basement laundry room in the 1600 block of East River Park Court sometime 8 to 10 p.m. May 8.
29A blue heart was spray-painted on the back of a detached garage in the 6300 block of North Lake Drive sometime April 25 to May 5.
30A woman, age and residence not released, was arrested for drunken driving, with a prior conviction, illegal possession of a Schedule II narcotic, driving with a revoked license, defective tail lights, defective brake lights, failure to have insurance and open intoxicants after weaving in traffic in the 4800 block of North Sheffield Avenue about 2:45 a.m. May 7. The woman had three Adderall pills in her purse which she said weren't hers. She admitted knowing her license was revoked. Her BAC was 0.12.
31Items valued at more than $2,200 including golf clubs, two bicycles and a computer were taken from the 4900 block of North Oakland Avenue about 11 a.m. May 7. The victim was taking a shower when he heard a male voice say, "Let's get the (expletive) out of here." He then heard footsteps going downstairs and saw that the second floor door was open.
NORTH SHORE FIRE DEPARTMENT
· Firefighters responded to 123 calls, 92 emergency medical and 31 fire/rescue, May 6 to 12.
- North Shore Police Reports, June 23, 2016
- North Shore Police Reports, June 16, 2016
- North Shore Police Reports, June 9, 2016
- North Shore Police Reports: June 2, 2016
- North Shore Police Reports: May 26, 2016
- North Shore Police Reports: May 19, 2016
- North Shore Police Reports, May 12, 2016
- North Shore Police Reports, May 5, 2016
- North Shore Police Reports, April 28, 2016
- North Shore Police Reports, April 21, 2016
- North Shore Police Reports, April 14, 2016
- North Shore Police Reports, April 7, 2016
- North Shore Police Reports, March 31, 2016
- North Shore Police Reports, March 24, 2016
- North Shore Police Reports, March 17, 2016
- North Shore Police Reports, March 10, 2016
- North Shore Police Reports, March 3, 2016
- North Shore Police Reports, Feb. 25, 2016
- North Shore Police Reports, Feb. 18, 2016
- North Shore Police Reports, Feb. 11, 2016