Brown Deer - Longtime resident Stan Kass has been named Brown Deer Citizen of the Year. He was formally recognized at a Village Board meeting Monday.
Kass, a resident of Brown Deer for 56 years, was presented with a proclamation during a brief ceremony at the board meeting. The document outlined his contributions to the community.
Within the community, Kass has been active with the Rite Hite YMCA and assisted in fundraising activities at the Schroeder Aquatic Center and the Brown Deer Police Department's K9 program.
Since 2010, Kass and his family have fully funded the village's Fourth of July fireworks displays. The gesture has been in memory of his wife, Lee, and daughter-in-law, Dianne.
Additionally, Kass has supported Children's Hospital of Wisconsin, the Jewish Community Center's Rainbow Day Camp, Wisconsin Humane Society and Gilda's Club. He also has provided scholarships to needy children.
The Brown Deer Senior Citizens Club annually presents the Citizen of the Year award to a member of the community.
- Dave Fidlin
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- North Shore Police Reports: October 23, 2014
- Botanicals bloom in Brown Deer
- North Shore Police Reports: October 16, 2014
- North Shore Police Reports: October 9, 2014
- North Shore Police Reports: October 2, 2012
- North Shore Police Reports: September 25, 2014
- Enter Halloween contest to win tickets to Legends & Lore
- North Shore Police Reports: September 18, 2014
- Brown Deer trustees approve Lighthouse project
- North Shore Police Reports: September 11, 2014