Brown Deer - Longtime resident Stan Kass has been named Brown Deer Citizen of the Year. He was formally recognized at a Village Board meeting Monday.
Kass, a resident of Brown Deer for 56 years, was presented with a proclamation during a brief ceremony at the board meeting. The document outlined his contributions to the community.
Within the community, Kass has been active with the Rite Hite YMCA and assisted in fundraising activities at the Schroeder Aquatic Center and the Brown Deer Police Department's K9 program.
Since 2010, Kass and his family have fully funded the village's Fourth of July fireworks displays. The gesture has been in memory of his wife, Lee, and daughter-in-law, Dianne.
Additionally, Kass has supported Children's Hospital of Wisconsin, the Jewish Community Center's Rainbow Day Camp, Wisconsin Humane Society and Gilda's Club. He also has provided scholarships to needy children.
The Brown Deer Senior Citizens Club annually presents the Citizen of the Year award to a member of the community.
- Dave Fidlin
- Marquette students offer marketing advice to Brown Deer
- Gas station, offices coming to Brown Deer
- Brown Deer named an 'All-America City'
- Brown Deer competing to become an 'All-America City' (1)
- Public weighs in on Brown Deer Park changes (1)
- Police arrest Milwaukee man in Brown Deer shooting
- Brown Deer's 'Eat & Greet' event is Saturday, June 4
- Brown Deer sets dates, bands for Community Vibes concert series
- Video: Summer fun in suburban Milwaukee in 2016
- Faced with growing enrollment, Brown Deer transforms locker room into classroom (6)