Surveillance video and an alert business owner helped police catch a man who allegedly broke into the same car wash four times.
According to the Brown Deer police report:
A 42-year-old Milwaukee man was arrested at 11:35 p.m. July 10 for burglaries all caught on surveillance video at Car Choice Auto Wash, 8300 N. Teutonia Ave., on July 5, 6, 7 and 10.
On July 10, the owner was watching surveillance video from his home and saw the man, whom he recognized as the same man in the other burglaries, breaking into his business and called police.
The man was arrested but said he had only entered the business because he had to “pee.” In each burglary the man used a crow bar to open the pay boxes taking at least $200 each time. On July 5, he also took the payment device valued at $3,462 which held about $300.
That afternoon, an officer saw that device discarded in the 8100 block of North Sherman Boulevard. The money was gone.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- North Shore Police Reports: September 18, 2014
- Brown Deer trustees approve Lighthouse project
- North Shore Police Reports: September 11, 2014
- Four-story assisted living center moves forward in Brown Deer
- North Shore Police Reports: September 4, 2014
- North Shore Police Reports: August 28, 2014
- With state funding tied to enrollment, North Shore public schools turn to marketing
- Senior living center gets critical reception
- Bus driver dies after medical episode
- Rogers Memorial opens expansion process