A woman who attempted to buy cigarettes with a counterfeit $100 bill earlier this month might want to brush up on her monetary history.
According to the Brown Deer police report:
The woman attempted to use the bill in the liquor department at Pick 'n Save, 9200 N. Green Bay Road, at 7:55 p.m. March 3.
The clerk used a pen which proved the bill was real but when held up to the light the image of Abraham Lincoln was seen. Lincoln is found on $5 bills while Benjamin Franklin adorns $100s.
When the clerk told the woman her bill was counterfeit she asked for it back. The clerk said no and the woman left.
- Gas station, offices coming to Brown Deer
- Brown Deer named an 'All-America City'
- Brown Deer competing to become an 'All-America City' (1)
- Public weighs in on Brown Deer Park changes (1)
- Police arrest Milwaukee man in Brown Deer shooting
- Brown Deer's 'Eat & Greet' event is Saturday, June 4
- Brown Deer sets dates, bands for Community Vibes concert series
- Video: Summer fun in suburban Milwaukee
- Faced with growing enrollment, Brown Deer transforms locker room into classroom (6)
- Jason Ind. sells Brown Deer building