A woman who attempted to buy cigarettes with a counterfeit $100 bill earlier this month might want to brush up on her monetary history.
According to the Brown Deer police report:
The woman attempted to use the bill in the liquor department at Pick 'n Save, 9200 N. Green Bay Road, at 7:55 p.m. March 3.
The clerk used a pen which proved the bill was real but when held up to the light the image of Abraham Lincoln was seen. Lincoln is found on $5 bills while Benjamin Franklin adorns $100s.
When the clerk told the woman her bill was counterfeit she asked for it back. The clerk said no and the woman left.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- News & Notes: May 22
- Brown Deer Village Board approves Wal-Mart financials
- Police Report: May 20
- Fox Point's Richard Thieme discusses UFO research book at North Shore library
- Wal-Mart sale clears Brown Deer CDA
- Shorewood Schools Business Manager moves on
- Auditors draw different conclusions on Azana spa shooter case
- Brown Deer Walmart store likely
- Police Report: May 13
- Elmbrook recommends Stormonth's Westfahl as new Brookfield Elementary principal