A woman who attempted to buy cigarettes with a counterfeit $100 bill earlier this month might want to brush up on her monetary history.
According to the Brown Deer police report:
The woman attempted to use the bill in the liquor department at Pick 'n Save, 9200 N. Green Bay Road, at 7:55 p.m. March 3.
The clerk used a pen which proved the bill was real but when held up to the light the image of Abraham Lincoln was seen. Lincoln is found on $5 bills while Benjamin Franklin adorns $100s.
When the clerk told the woman her bill was counterfeit she asked for it back. The clerk said no and the woman left.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Brown Deer will build new public works facility
- Badger Meter River Park opens in Brown Deer (1)
- Milwaukee suburbs trick-or-treat times 2015
- Woman charged with shoplifting, causing fiery car crash
- Brown Deer officials hope relocation of DPW building would alleviate TIF deficit (1)
- Brown Deer alum returns home to shoot first feature-length film (1)
- West Nile virus reported in North Shore
- Repair or replace? Brown Deer weighs options for DPW building (2)
- Milwaukee man charged in connection with attempted armed robbery at Brown Deer Walmart
- Armed robbery avoided with a push at Brown Deer Walmart