A woman who attempted to buy cigarettes with a counterfeit $100 bill earlier this month might want to brush up on her monetary history.
According to the Brown Deer police report:
The woman attempted to use the bill in the liquor department at Pick 'n Save, 9200 N. Green Bay Road, at 7:55 p.m. March 3.
The clerk used a pen which proved the bill was real but when held up to the light the image of Abraham Lincoln was seen. Lincoln is found on $5 bills while Benjamin Franklin adorns $100s.
When the clerk told the woman her bill was counterfeit she asked for it back. The clerk said no and the woman left.
- DOT to host hearing on intersection of Brown Deer, Green Bay roads
- Brown Deer has secret sculpture garden
- Brown Deer man charged in armed bank robbery
- Newcomers Machgan, Henderson secure seats on Brown Deer School Board (2)
- Brown Deer Park golf course to get new driving range (1)
- Brown Deer seeks to fill looming Kohl's vacancy (5)
- Four new faces running for Brown Deer School Board
- Brown Deer police release details about officer-involved shooting of unruly bus patron
- Brown Deer officers shoot unruly bus rider
- 3-year-old child killed in rollover crash in Brown Deer