Wouldn't it be nice to be able to get some information on our various school board candidates beyond the crafted fliers we find hung on our mailboxes? Well, this year we all can get some insight at www.iverifytherecall.com. Before you vote, find out if your candidate(s) signed a petition to recall Gov. Walker. In Brown Deer, I can verify that Dennis Lowder and two on his slate of candidates (Sherard and Schofield) signed. Neither Mike Bembenek nor Kevin Klimek is listed.
Why is this important? Maybe it doesn't matter to you (and that's OK), but ask yourself these questions. Can we trust a candidate who signed the petition to properly represent the interests of the residents and their children? Whose interests should a School Board member represent? We absolutely expect all School Board members to act professionally and negotiate in good faith with all school employees but if push comes to shove, whose backs are we expecting them to cover?
Finally, without the money that Brown Deer saved as the result of Act 10, do you think that the recent referendums would have passed? If your answer is no, how does that reflect on each candidate and their actions? Think, then vote your conscience!
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Mother arrested in stabbing of 2 sons
- Brown Deer Road meeting is July 30
- 'Around the Corner' visits Brown Deer
- DOT holds hearing on Green Bay Road
- North Shore Police Reports: July 10, 2014
- Goodwill advances in Brown Deer
- North Shore Police Report: July 3, 2014
- North Shore Police Report, June 26, 2014
- Woman arrested after throwing pizza on a wall, pouring detergent on bed
- North Shore Police Report: June 19