The Ozaukee County Sheriff's Department will provide an interim police chief for Thiensville following the retirement of current Chief Richard Preston on March 13.
The Village Board discussed an interim replacement in closed session last night and decided to contract with the Sheriff's Department. The interim chief will not be a candidate for the position, Village Manager Dianne Robertson said.
The village received 30 applications for the position and has narrowed the field to six applicants. Interviews with the Village Board will take place March 15 and 16.
The interim chief will likely fill the position for a month or two, she said. She will work out an hourly pay with the sheriff, Robertson said.
- Video: Summer fun in suburban Milwaukee
- Faced with growing enrollment, Brown Deer transforms locker room into classroom (6)
- Jason Ind. sells Brown Deer building
- Brown Deer police detain two teenagers in attempted carjacking in Walmart parking lot
- Brown Deer Middle/High School named a National School of Character
- Gas station, commercial building could be built behind Fox 6 studios in Brown Deer (1)
- DOT to host hearing on intersection of Brown Deer, Green Bay roads
- Brown Deer has secret sculpture garden
- Brown Deer man charged in armed bank robbery
- Newcomers Machgan, Henderson secure seats on Brown Deer School Board (2)