Brown Deer approves Bradley Crossing plans
Apartments include housing for residents with disabilities
Brown Deer - The Village Board approved plans and a development agreement for Bradley Crossing, leaving only a review by the Building Board before the 60-unit apartment complex can move ahead.
The building will be built at 4375 W. Bradley Road. General Capital Group originally planned condominiums for the site but the downturn in that market changed the plans.
General Capital and Jewish Family Services are partners for the complex that will include a mix of affordable and market rate units. Financed in part by WHEDA tax credits, half of the units would be reserved for residents with disabilities.
There will also be offices for JFS staff and a 6,000 square-foot community center that will be leased to the village for $1 a year. As part of the agreement between the village and the developers, the village will contribute $105,000 toward the construction of Bradley Crossing and will sell almost 2 acres of land for $1 to JFS for an addition to Deerwood Crossing, an apartment complex for residents 55 and older that is across Sherman Boulevard.
The Village Board asked for the parking to be reconfigured as part of the agreement. Village Manager Russell Van Gompel said the underground parking exit was changed. A landscaped area next to an outlot providing 30 parking spaces will provide a parking reserve if needed.
Pending final approval by the Building Board, construction will start this fall.
- Mary Buckley
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Brown Deer alum returns home to shoot first feature-length film (1)
- West Nile virus reported in North Shore
- Repair or replace? Brown Deer weighs options for DPW building (2)
- Milwaukee man charged in connection with attempted armed robbery at Brown Deer Walmart
- Armed robbery avoided with a push at Brown Deer Walmart
- Brown Deer closes on sale of former American TV and Appliance building
- Woman robbed at gunpoint at Brown Deer bank
- Brown Deer municipal buildings need improvements
- Brown Deer rolls out the rain barrels with public art event (1)
- North Shore Police Reports: June 25, 2015