Brown Deer approves Bradley Crossing plans
Apartments include housing for residents with disabilities
Brown Deer - The Village Board approved plans and a development agreement for Bradley Crossing, leaving only a review by the Building Board before the 60-unit apartment complex can move ahead.
The building will be built at 4375 W. Bradley Road. General Capital Group originally planned condominiums for the site but the downturn in that market changed the plans.
General Capital and Jewish Family Services are partners for the complex that will include a mix of affordable and market rate units. Financed in part by WHEDA tax credits, half of the units would be reserved for residents with disabilities.
There will also be offices for JFS staff and a 6,000 square-foot community center that will be leased to the village for $1 a year. As part of the agreement between the village and the developers, the village will contribute $105,000 toward the construction of Bradley Crossing and will sell almost 2 acres of land for $1 to JFS for an addition to Deerwood Crossing, an apartment complex for residents 55 and older that is across Sherman Boulevard.
The Village Board asked for the parking to be reconfigured as part of the agreement. Village Manager Russell Van Gompel said the underground parking exit was changed. A landscaped area next to an outlot providing 30 parking spaces will provide a parking reserve if needed.
Pending final approval by the Building Board, construction will start this fall.
- Mary Buckley
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- North Shore Police Reports: April 16, 2015
- One killed, firefighter injured in Germantown townhouse fire April 11
- North Shore Police Reports: April 9, 2015
- Three Brown Deer School Board members return for a second term
- North Shore Police Reports: April 2, 2015
- Brown Deer considering new civic buildings
- Burglary suspects flee police in Brown Deer, crash car in Whitefish Bay (4)
- North Shore Police Reports: March 26, 2015
- North Shore Police Reports: March 19, 2015
- Tickets now on sale for Brookfield Central's production of "The Foreigner"