Brown Deer Police are investigating an attempted robbery that occurred about 9:45 a.m. Monday at U.S. Bank, 4200 W. Brown Deer Road.
According to police, a uniformed security guard who was conducting business at the bank, but not employed or on duty at U.S. Bank, reported that two masked suspects enter the facility. They fled shortly thereafter when they noticed the security guard. One of the suspects was seen carrying a handgun, according to a news release.
A third suspect was in what was believed to have been a get-away vehicle that was stolen. Brown Deer Police recovered the vehicle shortly after the incident.
The description of the suspects:
No. 1: tall black male, wearing a black hooded sweatshirt, blue jeans and a black mask with a white emblem on the front; suspect was holding a handgun, possibly a 9-millimeter semiautomatic
No. 2: short black male, wearing a dark colored mask and button-down, flannel type of jacket turned inside out
No. 3 (driver): black male
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Brown Deer rolls out the rain barrels with public art event (1)
- North Shore Police Reports: June 25, 2015
- Zi's Sports Pub takes over former Prime Time Pub
- North Shore Police Reports: June 18, 2015
- North Shore Police Reports: June 11, 2015
- Brown Deer School Board allows Algonquin School property to be marketed for sale
- Summer concert series warming up in Brown Deer
- Brown Deer leads charge for tech ed licensing changes (1)
- North Shore Police Reports: June 4, 2015
- North Shore Police Reports: May 28, 2015