Brown Deer Police are investigating an attempted robbery that occurred about 9:45 a.m. Monday at U.S. Bank, 4200 W. Brown Deer Road.
According to police, a uniformed security guard who was conducting business at the bank, but not employed or on duty at U.S. Bank, reported that two masked suspects enter the facility. They fled shortly thereafter when they noticed the security guard. One of the suspects was seen carrying a handgun, according to a news release.
A third suspect was in what was believed to have been a get-away vehicle that was stolen. Brown Deer Police recovered the vehicle shortly after the incident.
The description of the suspects:
No. 1: tall black male, wearing a black hooded sweatshirt, blue jeans and a black mask with a white emblem on the front; suspect was holding a handgun, possibly a 9-millimeter semiautomatic
No. 2: short black male, wearing a dark colored mask and button-down, flannel type of jacket turned inside out
No. 3 (driver): black male
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Wrong-way driver dies in hospital after three-car accident
- 2 dead, 1 in critical condition after car crash in Brown Deer
- Video: DOT proposes 'Michigan left' intersection at Brown Deer, Green Bay roads
- Suspect in fiery Brown Deer crash arrested in Cincinnati
- Brown Deer partners with Marquette marketing class
- Shots fired during domestic violence incident in Brown Deer
- North Shore cops, firefighters take kids on Christmas shopping spree
- Brown Deer school finance director follows her faith to Messmer Catholic Schools
- Driver killed in Brown Deer crash was rushing granddaughter to hospital
- Shootout between two vehicles ends in crash (1)