Brown Deer Police are investigating an attempted robbery that occurred about 9:45 a.m. Monday at U.S. Bank, 4200 W. Brown Deer Road.
According to police, a uniformed security guard who was conducting business at the bank, but not employed or on duty at U.S. Bank, reported that two masked suspects enter the facility. They fled shortly thereafter when they noticed the security guard. One of the suspects was seen carrying a handgun, according to a news release.
A third suspect was in what was believed to have been a get-away vehicle that was stolen. Brown Deer Police recovered the vehicle shortly after the incident.
The description of the suspects:
No. 1: tall black male, wearing a black hooded sweatshirt, blue jeans and a black mask with a white emblem on the front; suspect was holding a handgun, possibly a 9-millimeter semiautomatic
No. 2: short black male, wearing a dark colored mask and button-down, flannel type of jacket turned inside out
No. 3 (driver): black male
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Bomb squad examines grenade found in Brown Deer house
- River Lane Inn will become Pastiche
- Cats, guinea pig die in fire
- Brown Deer police continue search for shooting suspect
- Carjacking under investigation in Brown Deer
- Update: Brown Deer police identify shooting suspect
- Education foundation makes first appeal in Brown Deer
- Accused rapist ran a group home for boys; More victims urged to come forward
- With increasing enrollment, Brown Deer schools expect $900K increase in state aid
- Man charged with raping 15-year-old boy at gunpoint in Brown Deer