The Village Board approved development agreements for the construction of Bradley Crossing, a 60-unit apartment complex that will have 30 units set aside for residents with disabilities, and for an additional 33 units that will be the second phase of Deerwood Crossing.
Bradley Crossing, which will be built in the 4300 block of West Bradley Road, will also have a community center for village residents. Plans call for the 6,000-square-foot center to be scheduled and operated by the village Park and Recreation Department.
The second phase at Deerwood Crossing will provide additional apartments for seniors. The popular apartments for seniors 55 and older are owned by Jewish Family Services, and have a long waiting list.
The village will sell two acres of land adjacent to Deerwood Crossing to JFS for $1 to allow for the expansion. The financing for Deerwood Crossing is not completed, according to Steve Schnoll of General Capital, which is building the apartments. Construction could start on the additional 33 units in either the fall or spring.
Financing for Bradley Crossing is complete, with construction likely to start in the fall. The village will contribute $105,000 to the cost of construction.
The Plan Commission and Village Board must approve the building and site plans for both projects before they move forward.
Planning and Zoning Specialist Nate Piotrowski said the Plan Commission will review the Bradley Crossing plans at its Aug. 8 meeting.
- Video: Summer fun in suburban Milwaukee
- Faced with growing enrollment, Brown Deer transforms locker room into classroom (6)
- Jason Ind. sells Brown Deer building
- Brown Deer police detain two teenagers in attempted carjacking in Walmart parking lot
- Brown Deer Middle/High School named a National School of Character
- Gas station, commercial building could be built behind Fox 6 studios in Brown Deer (1)
- DOT to host hearing on intersection of Brown Deer, Green Bay roads
- Brown Deer has secret sculpture garden
- Brown Deer man charged in armed bank robbery
- Newcomers Machgan, Henderson secure seats on Brown Deer School Board (2)