Brown Deer Police are investigating the death of a 17-year-old girl that has been deemed suspicious by officials.
In a news release, Police Chief Steven Rinzel said his department, as well as the North Shore Fire Department, responded to a report of an unresponsive person in the 4000 block of West Fountain Avenue at 1:10 a.m. Friday.
Rinzel said NSFD personnel made life-saving attempts on the girl, but were unsuccessful. The Milwaukee County Medical Examiner's office was subsequently called to the scene and has been scheduled to perform an autopsy today.
A cause of death has yet to be determined.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Man charged with raping 15-year-old boy at gunpoint in Brown Deer
- Brown Deer will build new public works building (1)
- Badger Meter River Park opens in Brown Deer (2)
- Milwaukee suburbs trick-or-treat times 2015
- Woman charged with shoplifting, causing fiery car crash
- Brown Deer officials hope relocation of DPW building would alleviate TIF deficit (1)
- Brown Deer alum returns home to shoot first feature-length film (1)
- West Nile virus reported in North Shore
- Repair or replace? Brown Deer weighs options for DPW building (2)
- Milwaukee man charged in connection with attempted armed robbery at Brown Deer Walmart