Brown Deer Police are investigating the death of a 17-year-old girl that has been deemed suspicious by officials.
In a news release, Police Chief Steven Rinzel said his department, as well as the North Shore Fire Department, responded to a report of an unresponsive person in the 4000 block of West Fountain Avenue at 1:10 a.m. Friday.
Rinzel said NSFD personnel made life-saving attempts on the girl, but were unsuccessful. The Milwaukee County Medical Examiner's office was subsequently called to the scene and has been scheduled to perform an autopsy today.
A cause of death has yet to be determined.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Goodwill opens new store in Brown Deer
- North Shore Police Reports: May 21, 2015
- North Shore Police Reports: May 14, 2015
- Brown Deer School Board weighing sale of former Algonquin School property
- North Shore Police Reports: May 7, 2015
- North Shore Health Department announces community programs for May, June
- Aldi may come to Brown Deer
- North Shore Police Reports: April 30, 2015
- North Shore Police Reports: April 23, 2015
- Rogers Memorial unveils Brown Deer facility