Brown Deer Police are investigating the death of a 17-year-old girl that has been deemed suspicious by officials.
In a news release, Police Chief Steven Rinzel said his department, as well as the North Shore Fire Department, responded to a report of an unresponsive person in the 4000 block of West Fountain Avenue at 1:10 a.m. Friday.
Rinzel said NSFD personnel made life-saving attempts on the girl, but were unsuccessful. The Milwaukee County Medical Examiner's office was subsequently called to the scene and has been scheduled to perform an autopsy today.
A cause of death has yet to be determined.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Beaver Creek financing decision delayed
- Police Report: June 17
- Brown Deer community says goodbye to Dean Elementary
- The people in Brown Deer have spoken
- News & Notes: June 12
- NSFD's unfunded retirement liability looms
- Brown Deer delays Plan Commission review of Beaver Creek proposal
- Plan Commission denies reinstatement of Parkview Pub beer garden
- First to reach mandated racial integration threshold, Brown Deer 'graduates' from Chapter 220 program
- Police Report: June 10