Brown Deer Police are investigating the death of a 17-year-old girl that has been deemed suspicious by officials.
In a news release, Police Chief Steven Rinzel said his department, as well as the North Shore Fire Department, responded to a report of an unresponsive person in the 4000 block of West Fountain Avenue at 1:10 a.m. Friday.
Rinzel said NSFD personnel made life-saving attempts on the girl, but were unsuccessful. The Milwaukee County Medical Examiner's office was subsequently called to the scene and has been scheduled to perform an autopsy today.
A cause of death has yet to be determined.
- Gas station, offices coming to Brown Deer
- Brown Deer named an 'All-America City'
- Brown Deer competing to become an 'All-America City' (1)
- Public weighs in on Brown Deer Park changes (1)
- Police arrest Milwaukee man in Brown Deer shooting
- Brown Deer's 'Eat & Greet' event is Saturday, June 4
- Brown Deer sets dates, bands for Community Vibes concert series
- Video: Summer fun in suburban Milwaukee
- Faced with growing enrollment, Brown Deer transforms locker room into classroom (6)
- Jason Ind. sells Brown Deer building