Due to the heat advisory that has been issued, the Brown Deer Pond will extend its hours and remain open until 6:30 p.m. this evening.
The Brown Deer Pond is a one acre, chlorinated swimming facility with a sand beach located at the Village Park, 4920 W. Green Brook Drive. The pond has a gradual slope with a large, shallow water area suitable for young children. The Pond is eleven feet deep at the platform. Sand and water toys are allowed in the children's swim area. However, inflatables and water wings are NOT allowed to be used at the pond.
The Brown Deer Pond is normally open daily seven days from 11:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. week and will continue through August 14th. Fees are as follows; Children 2 and younger free, children 3-7 $2.00, Brown Deer residents $2.50, non residents $4.50 and senior's 55 and older $1.75. Pond season memberships are also available at the Park and Recreation Department office.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Brown Deer rolls out the rain barrels with public art event
- North Shore Police Reports: June 25, 2015
- Zi's Sports Pub takes over former Prime Time Pub
- North Shore Police Reports: June 18, 2015
- North Shore Police Reports: June 11, 2015
- Brown Deer School Board allows Algonquin School property to be marketed for sale
- Summer concert series warming up in Brown Deer
- Brown Deer leads charge for tech ed licensing changes (1)
- North Shore Police Reports: June 4, 2015
- North Shore Police Reports: May 28, 2015