Due to the heat advisory that has been issued, the Brown Deer Pond will extend its hours and remain open until 6:30 p.m. this evening.
The Brown Deer Pond is a one acre, chlorinated swimming facility with a sand beach located at the Village Park, 4920 W. Green Brook Drive. The pond has a gradual slope with a large, shallow water area suitable for young children. The Pond is eleven feet deep at the platform. Sand and water toys are allowed in the children's swim area. However, inflatables and water wings are NOT allowed to be used at the pond.
The Brown Deer Pond is normally open daily seven days from 11:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. week and will continue through August 14th. Fees are as follows; Children 2 and younger free, children 3-7 $2.00, Brown Deer residents $2.50, non residents $4.50 and senior's 55 and older $1.75. Pond season memberships are also available at the Park and Recreation Department office.
- DOT to host hearing on intersection of Brown Deer, Green Bay roads
- Brown Deer has secret sculpture garden
- Brown Deer man charged in armed bank robbery
- Newcomers Machgan, Henderson secure seats on Brown Deer School Board (2)
- Brown Deer Park golf course to get new driving range (1)
- Brown Deer seeks to fill looming Kohl's vacancy (5)
- Four new faces running for Brown Deer School Board
- Brown Deer police release details about officer-involved shooting of unruly bus patron
- Brown Deer officers shoot unruly bus rider
- 3-year-old child killed in rollover crash in Brown Deer