Due to the heat advisory that has been issued, the Brown Deer Pond will extend its hours and remain open until 6:30 p.m. this evening.
The Brown Deer Pond is a one acre, chlorinated swimming facility with a sand beach located at the Village Park, 4920 W. Green Brook Drive. The pond has a gradual slope with a large, shallow water area suitable for young children. The Pond is eleven feet deep at the platform. Sand and water toys are allowed in the children's swim area. However, inflatables and water wings are NOT allowed to be used at the pond.
The Brown Deer Pond is normally open daily seven days from 11:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. week and will continue through August 14th. Fees are as follows; Children 2 and younger free, children 3-7 $2.00, Brown Deer residents $2.50, non residents $4.50 and senior's 55 and older $1.75. Pond season memberships are also available at the Park and Recreation Department office.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Two cats, guinea pig killed in Brown Deer house fire
- Brown Deer police continue search for shooting suspect
- Carjacking under investigation in Brown Deer
- Update: Brown Deer police identify shooting suspect
- Education foundation makes first appeal in Brown Deer
- Accused rapist ran a group home for boys; More victims urged to come forward
- With increasing enrollment, Brown Deer schools expect $900K increase in state aid
- Man charged with raping 15-year-old boy at gunpoint in Brown Deer
- Brown Deer will build new public works building (2)
- Badger Meter River Park opens in Brown Deer (2)