The School Board is holding a special meeting at 7 p.m. to discuss a contract with the Brown Deer Education Association. The board, which held its regular meeting Monday night, exchanged contract proposals with the union earlier this month.
The union rejected the district's proposal on June 22 but late Monday afternoon changed course, notifying the district it would accept the contract with some modifications. At 6 p.m. Monday night the board scheduled a special meeting to discuss the contract, allowing a 24-hour notice as required by law.
After midnight Tuesday, the budget repair bill takes effect, limiting the union's ability to negotiate only to pay increases.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Brown Deer rolls out the rain barrels with public art event (1)
- North Shore Police Reports: June 25, 2015
- Zi's Sports Pub takes over former Prime Time Pub
- North Shore Police Reports: June 18, 2015
- North Shore Police Reports: June 11, 2015
- Brown Deer School Board allows Algonquin School property to be marketed for sale
- Summer concert series warming up in Brown Deer
- Brown Deer leads charge for tech ed licensing changes (1)
- North Shore Police Reports: June 4, 2015
- North Shore Police Reports: May 28, 2015