The School Board is holding a special meeting at 7 p.m. to discuss a contract with the Brown Deer Education Association. The board, which held its regular meeting Monday night, exchanged contract proposals with the union earlier this month.
The union rejected the district's proposal on June 22 but late Monday afternoon changed course, notifying the district it would accept the contract with some modifications. At 6 p.m. Monday night the board scheduled a special meeting to discuss the contract, allowing a 24-hour notice as required by law.
After midnight Tuesday, the budget repair bill takes effect, limiting the union's ability to negotiate only to pay increases.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Bomb squad examines grenade found in Brown Deer house
- River Lane Inn will become Pastiche
- Cats, guinea pig die in fire
- Brown Deer police continue search for shooting suspect
- Carjacking under investigation in Brown Deer
- Update: Brown Deer police identify shooting suspect
- Education foundation makes first appeal in Brown Deer
- Accused rapist ran a group home for boys; More victims urged to come forward
- With increasing enrollment, Brown Deer schools expect $900K increase in state aid
- Man charged with raping 15-year-old boy at gunpoint in Brown Deer