The School Board is holding a special meeting at 7 p.m. to discuss a contract with the Brown Deer Education Association. The board, which held its regular meeting Monday night, exchanged contract proposals with the union earlier this month.
The union rejected the district's proposal on June 22 but late Monday afternoon changed course, notifying the district it would accept the contract with some modifications. At 6 p.m. Monday night the board scheduled a special meeting to discuss the contract, allowing a 24-hour notice as required by law.
After midnight Tuesday, the budget repair bill takes effect, limiting the union's ability to negotiate only to pay increases.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Botanicals bloom in Brown Deer
- North Shore Police Reports: October 16, 2014
- North Shore Police Reports: October 9, 2014
- North Shore Police Reports: October 2, 2012
- North Shore Police Reports: September 25, 2014
- Enter Halloween contest to win tickets to Legends & Lore
- North Shore Police Reports: September 18, 2014
- Brown Deer trustees approve Lighthouse project
- North Shore Police Reports: September 11, 2014
- Four-story assisted living center moves forward in Brown Deer