It's unfortunate that the Milwaukee Magazine ranked Brown Deer so low on their list. I think that Brown Deer is a great place to live.
I moved here six years ago because I wanted to be in a nice, quiet community that was away from the city but not too far away. It's a straight shot to the express way and only a short commute to downtown. I like the large homes and the large lot sizes. Compared to other suburbs close to Milwaukee, you get more home for your money in Brown Deer.
Once I moved here, I was even more pleased with the school system. My children, who attend all three schools (elementary, middle and high school) have had great experiences. They are more well-rounded, and they actually like going to school. I am pleased with the teachers and the staff. I feel that they care about my children's success. I feel even more confident in our school system now knowing that strategic planning meetings are currently being held to strategize ways to improve our school district and better position our students for the future.
Sometimes Brown Deer gets a bad rap due to its name being associated with Brown Deer Road and the old Northridge Mall. However, Brown Deer is completely separate. It's a small, close-knit community with affordable housing, beautiful parks, great schools and a culturally diverse population. To highlight some of these positive aspects, Brown Deer is having a Spring Home Tour and Seminar on Saturday, May 7, at the middle school. The goal is to encourage potential home buyers to consider purchasing their new home in Brown Deer. Contrary to what Milwaukee Magazine says, they'll be very happy living here.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Brown Deer considering new civic buildings
- Burglary suspects flee police in Brown Deer, crash car in Whitefish Bay
- North Shore Police Reports: March 26, 2015
- North Shore Police Reports: March 19, 2015
- Tickets now on sale for Brookfield Central's production of "The Foreigner"
- North Shore Police Reports: March 12, 2015
- Student achievement, performance is at top of priority list for Brown Deer School Board candidates
- Brown Deer approves amendment to TIF district
- North Shore Police Reports: March 5, 2015
- North Shore Police Reports: Feb. 26, 2015