It's unfortunate that the Milwaukee Magazine ranked Brown Deer so low on their list. I think that Brown Deer is a great place to live.
I moved here six years ago because I wanted to be in a nice, quiet community that was away from the city but not too far away. It's a straight shot to the express way and only a short commute to downtown. I like the large homes and the large lot sizes. Compared to other suburbs close to Milwaukee, you get more home for your money in Brown Deer.
Once I moved here, I was even more pleased with the school system. My children, who attend all three schools (elementary, middle and high school) have had great experiences. They are more well-rounded, and they actually like going to school. I am pleased with the teachers and the staff. I feel that they care about my children's success. I feel even more confident in our school system now knowing that strategic planning meetings are currently being held to strategize ways to improve our school district and better position our students for the future.
Sometimes Brown Deer gets a bad rap due to its name being associated with Brown Deer Road and the old Northridge Mall. However, Brown Deer is completely separate. It's a small, close-knit community with affordable housing, beautiful parks, great schools and a culturally diverse population. To highlight some of these positive aspects, Brown Deer is having a Spring Home Tour and Seminar on Saturday, May 7, at the middle school. The goal is to encourage potential home buyers to consider purchasing their new home in Brown Deer. Contrary to what Milwaukee Magazine says, they'll be very happy living here.
- Video: Summer fun in suburban Milwaukee
- Faced with growing enrollment, Brown Deer transforms locker room into classroom (6)
- Jason Ind. sells Brown Deer building
- Brown Deer police detain two teenagers in attempted carjacking in Walmart parking lot
- Brown Deer Middle/High School named a National School of Character
- Gas station, commercial building could be built behind Fox 6 studios in Brown Deer (1)
- DOT to host hearing on intersection of Brown Deer, Green Bay roads
- Brown Deer has secret sculpture garden
- Brown Deer man charged in armed bank robbery
- Newcomers Machgan, Henderson secure seats on Brown Deer School Board (2)