Delinquent tax notices were mailed in early February for both overdue real estate and personal property taxes. Listed in the chart are the notices that went out in 2010 for overdue 2009 taxes and in 2011 for overdue 2010 taxes.
Since notices went out, local treasurers say more taxes have been collected. In Bayside, Lynn Galyardt reports the outstanding real estate taxes have been cut in half. In Brown Deer, Bridget Souffrant said the delinquent taxes are now down to $4.5 million.
Souffrant said the initial number appears high because the software does not distinguish between tax bills that were partially paid and those fully paid. Residents can pay 50 percent of the tax bill by Jan. 31 and the bill is not delinquent, but the software does not recognize that, she said.
Taxes can be paid at city or village halls during normal business hours.
Delinquent taxes at a Glance
|2010 personal property||2010 real estate||2011 personal property||2011 real estate|
|Brown Deer||not available|
|Fox Point||not available||not available|
|Whitefish Bay||not available||not available|
*** Total amount due in uncollected taxes for that year. The specific number of parcels and accounts were not available.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Video: DOT proposes 'Michigan left' intersection at Brown Deer, Green Bay roads
- Suspect in fiery Brown Deer crash arrested in Cincinnati
- Brown Deer partners with Marquette marketing class
- Shots fired during domestic violence incident in Brown Deer
- North Shore cops, firefighters take kids on Christmas shopping spree
- Brown Deer school finance director follows her faith to Messmer Catholic Schools
- Driver killed in Brown Deer crash was rushing granddaughter to hospital
- Shootout between two vehicles ends in crash (1)
- Brown Deer mom asks friends to bring food pantry donations to Thanksgiving dinner
- Brown Deer car crash kills driver, injures passenger