• The following students were named to the 2010 honors list at Concordia University: Ashley Cain, Gently Cook, Natalie Galucia and Michelle Raddatz - Brown Deer; Katy Johnson - Fox Point; Nikolas Blume, Kala Conley, RyanFolgate, Natalie Hays, Lindsay Nass, Ryan Schnake and Didar Singh - Mequon; and Iara Ferreira and Lilas Nzuzi - Thiensville. To be named to this list, students must achieve a minimum 3.50 grade point average.
• Brigid Brennan of Whitefish Bay was named to the 2010 dean's list at Marist College in Poughkeepsie, N.Y.
• Micah Leinbach of Whitefish Bay received the Barbara Hirshi Neely Scholarship by the Lewis and Clark College in Portland, Ore. The scholarship provides recipients with full tuition and fees for four years. Micah is a 2010 graduate of Whitefish Bay High School.
• Michael Skauge of Shorewood graduated from Berklee College of Music in Boston with a degree in music business and management.
• Matthew Braza of Bayside, David Levine and Chloe Stotler, both of Fox Point, Anna Roudebush of Shorewood and Eitan Babcock of Whitefish Bay were all named to the 2010 dean's list at Washington University in St. Louis.
• Tyler Schmidt of Thiensville was named to the 2010 spring dean's list at the University of Minnesota-Twin Cities in Minneapolis.
• Michael Phillips of Bayside received the Community of Learners Scholarship Program from the University of North Dakota in Grand Forks for the 2010-2011 academic year. Michael is the son of Matt and Valerie Phillips and a graduate of Nicolet High School.
• Christine Balistreri of Mequon has been awarded a Johnson Opportunity Grant to spend the summer as a medical intern at the Wichanzao Clinic in Peru. Christine is a senior at Washington and Lee University in Lexington, Va., and the daughter of Mr. and Mrs. Theodore Balistreri.
• Margaret Carey of Brown Deer was named to the 2010 spring dean's list at Winona State University in Winona, Minn.
• Alison Gegios of Whitefish Bay was named to the 2010 dean's list at Northwestern University in Evanston, Ill.
Send Celebrations submissions to Celebrations/NOW Newspapers, 1741 Dolphin Drive, Suite A, Waukesha, 53186; or
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Celebrations: April 10
- Celebrations: April 3
- Celebrations: March 27
- Celebrations: March 20
- Celebrations: Feb. 11
- Celebrations: Feb. 6
- Celebrations: Jan. 23
- Celebrations: Jan. 9
- Celebrations: Jan. 2
- Celebrations: Dec. 12
- Celebrations: Dec. 5
- Celebrations: Nov. 28
- Celebrations: Nov. 21
- Celebrations: Nov. 14
- Celebrations: Oct. 31
- Celebrations: Oct. 24
- Celebrations: Oct. 10
- Celebrations: Sept. 19
- Celebrations: Sept. 12