• William II and Tammy (nee Lofy) Frahm are parents of a daughter, Keagan Marie, born May 18, 2010. She was 7 pounds, 2 ounces and 19 1/2 inches. She joins sister Mckena, 7 and brother Braedyn, 18 months. Grandparents are Nora and Gerald Lofy of Mequon and the late William and the late Shirley Frahm of Milwaukee.
• Colleen Peters of Whitefish Bay was inducted to the University of Wisconsin-Eau Claire chapters of the National Alpha Lambda Delta and Phi Eta Sigma honor societies for first-year students. Membership in the honor societies is open to full-time freshmen who earn a grade-point average of at least 3.5 at a four-year college or university and are in the top 20 percent of their class.
• Marie Bartolotta of Mequon was awarded a scholarship from The Women's Fund of Greater Milwaukee. The scholarships are provided in partnership with the Plunkett Family Foundation, the Pat Wilmeth Fund, the College Endowment Association, and the Woman's Club of Wisconsin Foundation. She is a student at the Alverno College.
• Joanna Behm of Shorewood graduated from the Michigan State University College of Law in East Lansing, Mich. Joanna will be practicing in the Milwaukee area.
• David Behm of Shorewood graduated from the University of Minnesota in Minneapolis. David will be attending Marquette University Law School this fall.
• Dan Held, Ariel Kim, Greta Kobylinski and Tim Reinholz, all Steffen Middle School students, performed in a quartet that received a top rating at the Wisconsin School Music Association. Greta and Timalso performed a solo that earned them a top rating. Katrusia Bodnar and Kartik Papatla, both students at Lake Shore Middle School, received top ratings for their contributions. Katrusia performed a piano solo, while Kartik performed a cello solo.
• Sam Schlesinger of River Hills won two gold medals in the short story category of the 2010 Scholastic Art and Writing competition. Sam will receive his awards at a ceremony at Carnegie Hall in New York in June.
• Joan Brenk of Whitefish Bay will be inducted into the Milwaukee County Senior Citizen Hall of Fame on May 28. Each of these individuals has performed several years of volunteer work on behalf of older adults and the Milwaukee community. The Hall of Fame honors older adults in Milwaukee County who have made significant contributions to the community.
Send Celebrations submissions to Celebrations/NOW Newspapers, 1741 Dolphin Drive, Suite A, Waukesha, 53186; or email@example.com.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Celebrations: Feb. 11
- Celebrations: Feb. 6
- Celebrations: Jan. 23
- Celebrations: Jan. 9
- Celebrations: Jan. 2
- Celebrations: Dec. 12
- Celebrations: Dec. 5
- Celebrations: Nov. 28
- Celebrations: Nov. 21
- Celebrations: Nov. 14
- Celebrations: Oct. 31
- Celebrations: Oct. 24
- Celebrations: Oct. 10
- Celebrations: Sept. 19
- Celebrations: Sept. 12
- Celebrations: Aug. 29
- Celebrations: Aug. 22
- Celebrations: Aug. 8