Last night, Berkeley's invited about a dozen villagers into their restaurant to have a "tasting" .. and to solicit ideas on how to remake Berkeley's into a thriving restaurant on Silver Spring.
Suffice it to say, there was no shortage of opinions.
- The prices are too high. The prices are just right.
- The menu is too nice. The menu is just right.
- Service has been suspect. Service is better now.
- The wine glasses don't have stems. The stemless wine glasses are awesome.
- The walls are too green. .. Ok, no one objected to that.
- Et cetera, et cetera.
I suggested a foosball table, but then was voted off the island.
Suffice it to say, Marija and Ryan Whitman, WFB residents both, took all the suggestions seriously. These guys are trying their best to create a spot for Whitefish Bay to commune and eat.
My guess is that it will become slightly more casual and comfortable, more manly. The challenge of their freshman year will be behind them, and they'll build on their fan base.
While no time-table is set for décor changes, look for some immediate adjustments at Berkeley's throughout autumn. New fall menu items. A dedication to great service. Nightly specials.
Berkeley's 2.0, so to speak. Make sure you visit again.